Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-24-2016, 07:19 AM   #21
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I have liked the art in their books. Having said that the art is almost irrelevant as the storytelling is phenomenal in Rebirth. All the books have been tremendously strong, ironically save JL. Tom King on Batman and Tynion on Detective are killing it. Granted that Monster Men crossover was awful but it was only a few weeks long. The preceding arcs were fabulous and "I am Suicide" sounds to be some of the coolest Bat concepts since the 90's. Honestly I have preferred their stuff to much of Snyder's New 52 run as a longtime Batfan.

Superman is also one of the most enjoyable comics I have read in years.
I wanted to like JL at the Rebirth (as I love Daniels art when the book started), but ugh...Hitch's storytelling is just brutal. I've never been a fan of the guy and I couldn't get through the first few issues. How they go from Johns to Hitch on JL is beyond me
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #22
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I dropped All-Star Batman and Wonder Woman too.

Is taking forever with the shifting format in Wonder Woman plus I didn't like how strongly related is to the New 52......as I suspected.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 08:38 AM   #23
built2shred
Phoenix

Anyone who has read comic books for awhile knows that there always changing the artists in comic books, sometimes mid run. It can be annoying when you go from a very realistic artist to a very stylist artist.

I've enjoyed the original comics to the new 52 and now rebirth... To me I just don't get the whole "I can't stand to read this comic because Superman's suit doesn't look like it used to" argument. Bottom line it should be about the story.

Given some of the new 52 suits did look bad like Poison Ivy, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the stories...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:50 PM   #24
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I disagree. While a competent story is required, comics are about the art, not suit variation, but the actual art. Otherwise there wouldnt be art from top to bottom on every page. And while to each their own and beauty is in the eye of the beholder stuff, to me a majority the art is unappealing, to me anyway. New 52 regardless of suit design, came with some heavy hitters. Rebirth reels you in with those hitters on the cover art, then it stops there.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:38 PM   #25
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Anyone who has read comic books for awhile knows that there always changing the artists in comic books, sometimes mid run. It can be annoying when you go from a very realistic artist to a very stylist artist.

I've enjoyed the original comics to the new 52 and now rebirth... To me I just don't get the whole "I can't stand to read this comic because Superman's suit doesn't look like it used to" argument. Bottom line it should be about the story.

Given some of the new 52 suits did look bad like Poison Ivy, but it didn't stop me from enjoying the stories...
My 'issue' was not about the rotation of artists but the format that Rucka choose, one issue present story and then the next issue 'year one' story and on and on.

Out of the 52 event my favorites were Wonder Woman(just the Azarello run, the Finch and JL take on her were pure crap), Batman, Aquaman and I Vampire.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #26
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

I think like any event or shift in titles Rebirth has a lot of swings and a lot of misses, it's just how it goes.

Definitely put me on as someone dissapointed with Justice League.

But I've absolutely loved New-Superman, Superwoman and Green Lanterns so far. With honorary mention going to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. And Wonderwoman which has so far rocked all over the place.

Blue Beetle manages to be kinda hanging on in the weird middle of I don't really care but it's not so bad to drop.

Probably not bothering with Titans though. It's moving rather slowly for a book that's the main place to see the returned Wally West/Flash.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote