Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-01-2014, 06:37 PM   #1
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

YOUR TAKE ON THE AVENGERS LINE?

Personally, I'm bored to tears by the main book, with NEW close behind. Still loving UNCANNY (though I'm ready for a new story arc!), MIGHTY and WORLD. Didn't even bother with the latest run of SECRET.
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #2
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'm getting all of them but this storyline is dragging on a bit longer than I'd care for. I feel like Hickman's take is more high concept than I like my Avengers books to be. I'm enjoying things much more on the mutant side of things.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #3
Jack8022
Daredevil

BY now, I've dropped everything Avengers-related except for Thor. Hickman's pacing was just too damn slow in getting to the main storyline moving. Iron Man's homecoming from space was just awful that it turned me off the book. Sharon Carter's character basically being thrown away put me off Captain America. I was reading Uncanny for a bit and I'm tempted to pick it up again to see how everything ended.
Jack8022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #4
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I'm getting all of them but this storyline is dragging on a bit longer than I'd care for. I feel like Hickman's take is more high concept than I like my Avengers books to be. I'm enjoying things much more on the mutant side of things.
Agree on Hickman's book. It's been interesting but time to wrap it up and move on. Bring back Kang or somebody and just have a good ol' fashioned Avengers fight.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Bring back Kang or somebody and just have a good ol' fashioned Avengers fight.
Kang is actually in Uncanny Avengers most recent arc.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #6
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack8022 View Post
BY now, I've dropped everything Avengers-related except for Thor. Hickman's pacing was just too damn slow in getting to the main storyline moving. Iron Man's homecoming from space was just awful that it turned me off the book. Sharon Carter's character basically being thrown away put me off Captain America. I was reading Uncanny for a bit and I'm tempted to pick it up again to see how everything ended.
Thor has been great! Black Widow has been pretty good as is Hawkeye. Cap has been tough for me to get through since Remender took over the book. Mighty Avengers is probably the most enjoyable of the Avengers books.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

My take?
-Hard to follow and mainly hard to enjoy.

I just dropped the only Avengers book that I was buying:
Uncanny Avengers now that it comes a new crossover/event with the X-Men-I still shudder with the las one-
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #8
Thor57
Teen Titans

Hickman is hard to read month to month. He's great once his story is over and you can read it front to back in trade paperback.

Still getting Uncanny and Thor God of Thunder. Both phenomenal books. Though, I anticipating dropping them all soon. This ---- with Thor being a female and Cap being Falcon has turned me off. Those and Death of Wolverine are all media grabs, and I hate that garbage. So the only money Marvel will soon be getting from me is through a local cinema and via XM for their statues.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #9
SONICobra
Batman

dropped avengers and new avengers a while ago, I thought infinity was awesome even if you had to be read back to back to understand it. ever since then - boring. uncanny avengers is still good, and still picking up thor god of thunder but I have a feeling the female thor thing is going to piss me off too
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #10
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I buy Avengers, New Avengers, Avengers World, Mighty Avengers and Uncanny Avengers. I don't read any of the solo titles. I like Hickman so I'm fine with how things are going in his two books. Avengers World fits in nicely with them. Cannonball and Sunspot being written as comedy relief in the latest issue I thought was nice. Mighty Avengers is fun too.

The story that I think is dragging a little is actually the one in Uncanny Avengers. The Earth was blown up like five months ago now? This arc should be over already.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote