Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 01-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

What wold you do if you won the 1.2 billion lotto?

I was just curious what people would do if they wound up winning the 1.2 billion dollar lotto.

For me, animals would be one of my main focuses. I would wind up donating a significant chunk to various animal charities including the Exotic Feline Rescue Center down in Indiana, Torre Argentina Cat Sanctuary in Rome, and of course others like The Humane Society, World Wildlife fund, etc. I would go on TV and state that any animal charity or organization that was in need of money.....well, just give me a call. My only requirement would be that I would need reciepts showing that the money was being spent in a proper manner.

I would build a really large animal shelter in my hometown and hire a couple full time veterinarians to take care of the animals and a staff to try and get the animals adopted into good homes. I would offer free veterinary services for those who couldn't afford it and had animals in need of help. Hell, vets are more expensive than human doctors. At least half of the money would go towards helping animals.

For myself, I would buy out the owners adjacent to our home down in Costa Rica so I could grow my own organic food and build a really large greenhouse so I could start growing bonsai tree's again. I would literally start hundreds of different seedlings from a bunch of different kinds of tree's. I would basically have a huge greenhouse full of various Bonsai tree's. Growing Bonsai tree's from seeds, while slow and arduous, is just a hugely satisying and rewarding hobby. The conditions down there are perfect for growing some of the most beautiful bonsai tree's the world over.

I would also build a really big photography studio and buy a ton of new lighting and photography equipment, including a complete Red One 6k Weapon camera package with all of the Red One Prime Lenses (18mm, 25mm, 35mm, 300,mm). There wouldn't be a single piece of photography equipment out there that I wanted that I wouldn't own. I would buy every piece of photo gear I have ever wanted.

I would also buy 2 Airstreams, the Flying Cloud 23FB and the Sport 16.

Flying Cloud

Airstream Sport 16

I would buy a new Range Rover for the Sport 16 and a heavy duty truck for the Flying Cloud (not sure which brand or model). I would hire someone to retrofit the Airstream sport into a bada*s portable darkroom. That way I could just take off on road trips and do all my developing and even some printing while I was on the road. I would literally be in heaven. I would tour the entire US and parts of Canada.

I would also buy small lots of land in some of the best sky viewing sites in the world. I would then buy really high end telescopes and outdoor housings for them and have them all linked to my home. That way I could do astrophotograhy from some of the best locations the world over, all from the comfort of my own home.

I would also go on eBay and buy all of the statues, prints, and various collectibles I have always wanted to buy, incuding the life size Michael Turner Fathom Bronze Statue from CS Moore. I would coat the bottom half in some sort of sealant and put it in my pool. That way it would look like she was coming right up out of the water!! Tell me that wouldn't look bad a*s!!

And of course, I would give a big chunk of it to my family. Both of my sisters, my mom, my uncle, my nieces and nephews etc., would never have to worry about money ever again.

Beyond that, I would just travel the world shooting pictures.

Ah, one can dream!!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
BMW///M3
Blue Falcon

this :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btAbU1sPqIM
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I would buy a cool apartment in the city.
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

First thing is a vasectomy.

Then a nice house outside of NJ where i can do personal customs for the rest of my life. From there typical stuff, donations, helping family and friends out etc.

Don't need anything fancy like crazy cars or boats, just a nice house with a big studio to work in.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #5
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
First thing is a vasectomy.

Then a nice house outside of NJ where i can do personal customs for the rest of my life. From there typical stuff, donations, helping family and friends out etc.

Don't need anything fancy like crazy cars or boats, just a nice house with a big studio to work in.
Nice, lol.

The Airstreams, telescopes, and camera gear would really be the fanciest things I would buy. I have absolutely no desire to buy ridiculously expensive things like 100k watches, 500k cars, 100,000 square foot mansions, etc. Even if I was a billionaire I would have no desire to buy such expensive things. In all honesty, I actually hate really big houses. Anything more than 2500 sq feet is just too big for me. Houses that big lose that comfy home feeling. There are so many better things one can do with thier money.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #6
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well, I'm Canadian and so cannot play... but I often day dream about our Lotto max which a month ago or so hit 61 mill. And really, in my mind, 61 mill and 1 bill are as just as far fetched.

I'd buy a house, nothing huge, but a nice detached house to raise a family in. I'd pay off the mortgage for my parents and my wife's parents. Pay off school for my sister in law. Everyone's debt. Then maybe a nice cottage up north.

Finally I would start a business for my wife's dream job. Then just invest! Oh and get 2 dogs
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #7
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

When it's that much it's not money anymore.
It can be an engine of creation waiting for the key to be turned.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 05:07 PM   #8
Roar12
Frackin!

I'm the same as you ORANGECRUSH as I would also get a new SPCA built and donate to the local zoo as I am a huge animal lover.
Then I would spend the rest on statues and figures!!!
( well maybe not all....... lol )
Roar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #9
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Hmm,
  • 500k home with maybe 3-5 acres of land in my home state NC
  • 4 to 5 other properties setup for rentals in high income areas
  • All the statues and action figures I want
  • Go to other countries frequently
  • customize an Ashton Martin
  • start the rival to big bad toy store
  • stock invest
  • Start Programs in urban neighborhoods like " put down the ball, bang on a keyboard" to get kids into tech.
  • Retire my immediately family
  • Retire a couple close friends
  • Another few successful businesses
  • Assist local business
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #10
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

well, after the 40% in taxes are taken out

-give ALOT to charity (like 60 to 70 percent if not more)-one person would not need that much money and it could do alot of good for homeless, education, etc.

-give money to friends and some family. However, the stipulation would be "This is a one time allotment and if you blow thru it do not come back"

-pay off debt

-give money to people in businesses that I frequent. I have live in my neighborhood for 30 years and people who run local businesses know me and I know them and alot of them are great people who have been good to me so you need to pay it back

-give money to people who work in my LCBS. I have been shopping there since the 80's and I know them more than I know people I am related too (and like them alot better as well)

-buy some statues and sell them very cheap so some collectors could have a grail but cannot afford it because some people selling statues think they are sitting on a bar of gold. I would also hire people to constantly monitor Ebay to block the flippers from repurchasing (think about it, with that amount of money it could be done very easily)
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote