Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #31
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Chad should just put you on the payroll. I am always rooting for his success and for this line to succeed, but I haven't really seen these growing pains getting worked out. With Debbie gone, I suspect it's only going to be more of a challenge. I just can't imagine what it would be like for someone who somehow stumbles across their site and places an order without knowing about this forum (or the huge amount of patience that is required).
I love TH and Chad, but I kinda love coming on here and other forums and enjoying my time here without that. Believe it or not, I have fun on this forum. You guys and gals sometimes give me a good laugh when I really need it.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:19 PM   #32
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Oh you don't have to imagine, I'll tell ya... They are very nasty. Mostly people that aren't regular collectors.
I can imagine - that's the concern I'd have as far as the brand being able to grow. IMO, probably the biggest problem Chad gives himself is the optimistic dates. He is setting himself up for dissatisfied customers. Most from this forum are probably at the point where we don't even give those dates a second thought (I don't - whatever original date I see on a listing, I just think "sure."). Catwoman is late? I wouldn't even know until I see someone mention it here. For any new customers he might get that are newer to this hobby that plunk down a $100+ deposit and watch those dates keep getting missed? It has to be rough and I think you mentioned that dealing with those people was part of what drove Debbie to move on? I am sure he can't ever get rid of all of the irate customers, but their expectations probably need to be dialed down.

I know it's probably a tough line to walk - maybe the thought is that a more conservative estimated delivery date would discourage pre-orders given the long lead time. I'd think a liberal est. delivery date is only setting them up for dissatisfaction and the possible loss of a repeat customer, though. At this point, I don't think one date has even come close to being hit. The initial revised dates don't get hit. Something always comes up. I think someone made a suggestion about the reality of the estimates this week and Chad was going to look into it. I sure hope so.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 02:33 PM   #33
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Since Debs left? What is the issue?
The Superman replacement... I’m in no rush, but I got mine through Sideshow, and Debbie assured me I’d be getting a replacement and to await further details.

I’m now well out of the return window with Sideshow, and since Debbie is gone, I wanted to touch base with somebody still at the company to make sure I was still going to receive a replacement (either from Tweeterhead directly, or through Sideshow). But it’s making me anxious not to get a response, even one like, “yep, you’re still good.”
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:08 PM   #34
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
The Superman replacement... I’m in no rush, but I got mine through Sideshow, and Debbie assured me I’d be getting a replacement and to await further details.

I’m now well out of the return window with Sideshow, and since Debbie is gone, I wanted to touch base with somebody still at the company to make sure I was still going to receive a replacement (either from Tweeterhead directly, or through Sideshow). But it’s making me anxious not to get a response, even one like, “yep, you’re still good.”
The Superman replacements will be there for all who requested them. You got him from a direct retailer so you will be fine. We are all in the same boat waiting for the replacement. If I am not mistaken the re-do should be on display at SDCC. we'll get to see the newly engineered cape. I have my supes up and the cape issue though there doesn't bother me, what bothers me is the day I have to destroy that beautifal face sculpt. Man I love it.

I have to stress though, Tweeterhead is not in the habit of holding out on its customers. If they get the product, you will be getting it shortly thereafter.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:10 PM   #35
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I can imagine - that's the concern I'd have as far as the brand being able to grow. IMO, probably the biggest problem Chad gives himself is the optimistic dates. He is setting himself up for dissatisfied customers. Most from this forum are probably at the point where we don't even give those dates a second thought (I don't - whatever original date I see on a listing, I just think "sure."). Catwoman is late? I wouldn't even know until I see someone mention it here. For any new customers he might get that are newer to this hobby that plunk down a $100+ deposit and watch those dates keep getting missed? It has to be rough and I think you mentioned that dealing with those people was part of what drove Debbie to move on? I am sure he can't ever get rid of all of the irate customers, but their expectations probably need to be dialed down.

I know it's probably a tough line to walk - maybe the thought is that a more conservative estimated delivery date would discourage pre-orders given the long lead time. I'd think a liberal est. delivery date is only setting them up for dissatisfaction and the possible loss of a repeat customer, though. At this point, I don't think one date has even come close to being hit. The initial revised dates don't get hit. Something always comes up. I think someone made a suggestion about the reality of the estimates this week and Chad was going to look into it. I sure hope so.
Brandon although it's a great idea in concept, when you factor in that most if not all factories tend to monitor social media and their customers sites, I'd say even adding in extra time would somehow not solve the delays. These great factories are great for a reason and every other statue company uses them.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #36
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:

Did you get a request to pay the balance? Did you log into your account and go to the orders pay and hit pay now on the donna troy order? she won't start shipping until the week after SDCC. I know that I had absolutely no issue logging in and scrolling through orders and paying off my batman, and WW
Yes, I got the email notifying me to pay through the website. yes I log in to the website and hit pay. I had no problem logging in, but the problem arised when I hit pay. When I did so, I get an error message and the order status changed from partially paid to failed. Chad also sent a message that if people who are unable to pay via website, they should email him for an invoice. So I did, but haven’t heard back from since. I don’t mind waiting, but I worry the message did not get through to him. Like is he aware that there are still people who are waiting for the invoice from him because they can’t pay through the website? I worry that my email will get unintentionally ignored due to the large volume of emails they receive every day, but I also don’t want to send more than one email about the same issue because they probably receive plenty of emails without me doing so.

And no, this is not a new order I already paid the deposit and preordered it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5937C720-F7AE-478A-A3E1-6775BFD509D8.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	124426  
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:50 PM   #37
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Yes, I got the email notifying me to pay through the website. yes I log in to the website and hit pay. When I did so, I get an error message and the order status changed from partially paid to failed. Chad also sent a message that if people who are unable to pay via website, they should email him for invoice. So I did, but haven’t heard back from since. I don’t mind waiting, but I worry the message did not get through to him. Like is he aware that there are still people who are waiting for the invoice from him because they can’t pay through the website? I worry that my email gets unintentionally ignored due to the large volume of emails they receive every day, but I also don’t want to send more than one email about the same issue because they probably receive plenty of emails without me doing so.

And no, this is not a new order I already paid the deposit and preordered it.
Hey Chris DM me your info and I'll keep a list of these website issues and give Chad when he gets done SDCC'ing
Old 07-16-2019, 04:03 PM   #38
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Hey Chris DM me your info and I'll keep a list of these website issues and give Chad when he gets done SDCC'ing
Messaged! Thanks.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote