Statue Forum 

XM Studios

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 03-23-2017, 09:58 PM   #6981
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyrob View Post
I got some prints in the other day from a commission I had been in for awhile. The art is absolutely terrible. Colors were sacrificed because the lead couldn't budget the proper printing needed. Terrible. My point is, sometimes you gotta admit when the art is not good.

I think that Predator is terrible also. Looks almost like every single other print of any title that's been made. These days, I need to see something remarkable for me to get excited. Shaw's Alien was the last great print I saw released. I feel like, we, as collectors, have given these artists too much slack. By supporting all these half assed versions of prints that we all wait and f5 to buy, they just keep at it. More and more subpar work is released because we eat it all up.
I guess you can't say which commission print since you talked so badly about it. But I'm still curious...

I was never into every print Mondo and others release every week. I can't remember the last Mondo print I purchased. I think it was Martin Ansin's Rocketeer. Last other gallery print? Perhaps Mark Englert Aliens. I have to check my flat file.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote