Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Customs Corner

Old 09-20-2015, 04:27 PM   #21
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Been working on this big guy today

Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #22
Y3E
Gen 13

See, I was right, since you are Keown it is Keown style

The crazy hair above looks good. I would forego the over spikey sideburns though. Good job.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #23
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
See, I was right, since you are Keown it is Keown style

The crazy hair above looks good. I would forego the over spikey sideburns though. Good job.
Lol... Yeppers. I am having so much fun doing these... I honestly don't know when I will stop...lol. I know that when I get the PF I am putting my modern raging Hulk on it for sure, and maybe even the classic. I keep thnk about making a Mike D Jr. head as well. I wanna have options...lol.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:04 AM   #24
baddeni
Doh!

Hi!

I'm new on this forum. Until now i collect only pinball machines, but last month i bought the sideshow Gladiator Hulk. Than i pre-payed for sideshow green hulk premium format figure (not the exclusive). Now i dont know what to do, because i red a lot of negativ review about the teeth and the seam near the neck. The exclusive head would be nice and solve this problem, but it is not avaiable seperatly. So the custom head is the only way to make this thing better.

Spidey976: are you planning to produce a custom head? If it is correct can i buy that?

What do you think, how can i get or make an exclusive head. Is it possible to make a coppy with molding and paint it? Is there anybody in this forum who can deal with these things?

Sorry if i ask silly questions.

Thanks

D
baddeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:08 PM   #25
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Nice work spidey - the pics on page 2 are particularly good. Would look great on the XM hulk.

How do you go about sculpting the key though i.e. knowing the right size / shape to get it to fit to the piece you're designing it for?
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:02 PM   #26
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Nice work spidey - the pics on page 2 are particularly good. Would look great on the XM hulk.

How do you go about sculpting the key though i.e. knowing the right size / shape to get it to fit to the piece you're designing it for?
I am going to be printing it matching the jaw width to the EX head, and then I am going to mold and cast a copy of the key off of one of the production heads... or a buddy of mine is going to be doing that last part, and then you have to play a game of add and take to get it just right with the head, but all in all it isn't as hard as you would think... or so he tells me. I have often thought about trying one of these on an XM piece a buddy owns because he isn't entirely happy with the heads on it.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #27
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Are these going to be for SS or XM? I may be interested in an SS.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #28
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
I am going to be printing it matching the jaw width to the EX head, and then I am going to mold and cast a copy of the key off of one of the production heads... or a buddy of mine is going to be doing that last part, and then you have to play a game of add and take to get it just right with the head, but all in all it isn't as hard as you would think... or so he tells me. I have often thought about trying one of these on an XM piece a buddy owns because he isn't entirely happy with the heads on it.
gotcha. I guess the custom heads I've seen have been done by those who have the digital files with the keys. But yeah that makes sense how your proposing doing it - it's basically the same as how I do it traditionally but you substitute the traditional sculpting part for the digital which gets printed out.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:08 PM   #29
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
Are these going to be for SS or XM? I may be interested in an SS.
I am making these for the SSC Hulk I am getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
gotcha. I guess the custom heads I've seen have been done by those who have the digital files with the keys. But yeah that makes sense how your proposing doing it - it's basically the same as how I do it traditionally but you substitute the traditional sculpting part for the digital which gets printed out.
yeah pretty much... Some guys I know recast the whole head and then file it down and start sculpting the new head... I just have to match up the key
Old 10-12-2015, 06:55 PM   #30
Spidey976

A buddy of mine asked me to take a shot at a Rulk hair cut on my modern Green... Interesting results