Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 05-17-2016, 01:16 PM   #1
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

NYCC 2016 - Oct 6th-9th (No More VIP)

Fan Registration (Verification) now required for each ticket.

No more VIP
Quote:
NYCC Fans,

Each year when we take over the Javits Center in October, we have one priority in mind: you, the NYCC Fans. We don’t run NYCC year after year because we love hanging out by the Hudson or we need to reach our step goal in October, we do this because we want to provide the experience of a lifetime to everyone who attends NYCC each year.

With that in mind, we want the New York Comic Con 2016 Ticket buying experience to be as smooth and fair as possible, so this year we are requiring Fan Verification. What does Fan Verification mean? It means we are requiring anyone interested in attending NYCC to fill out a profile between Friday, May 20 and Monday, June 13. We recognize that this is an extra step before buying your Tickets and requires more commitment from you, but we also know that as true Fans of the Show, you won’t mind making it tough for the supervillains out there. Here’s a quick look at nine important points for this new process:

1. Fan Verification is required for NYCC 2016. Everyone who would like to attend NYCC (whether you are buying Tickets yourself or someone is buying them for you) must fill out a Fan Verification profile.
2. Kids who will be ages 6-12 at the time of NYCC 2016 and will be using a NYCC 2016 Adult Ticket or Sunday Kids Ticket do not need a Fan Verification profile for their NYCC 2016 Ticket.
3. Fan Verification will be open from Friday, May 20 at 12:00 PM EDT to Monday, June 13 at 11:59 PM EDT. Fill out your Fan Verification profile correctly and completely - there’s no need to rush through it.
4. All NYCC 2016 Ticket Types will go on sale at the same time on a first-come, first-served basis. Fan Verification does not guarantee NYCC Tickets.
5. We will no longer be selling VIP Tickets for NYCC.
6. NYCC 2016 Tickets will only be sold online. NYCC Tickets will not be on sale at retailers or any events leading up to NYCC 2016.
7. All Fans who filled out a Fan Verification profile will be notified via email 48 hours prior to NYCC Tickets going on sale.
8. The email you receive with the NYCC on-sale date will include a unique link where you will have the opportunity to purchase Tickets first-come, first-served when they go on sale. There is a one transaction limit per link.
9. If you are purchasing Tickets for you and your friends or family, you must assign each individual Ticket to a person using the name and email address they created their Fan Verification profile with. If you are purchasing a Ticket for a kid ages 6-12, you will add their name and age to the Ticket.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Have to say, if there's no more VIP/Ultimate option then I will probably skip this con altogether and just continue to hit the smaller ones. It was one of the perks I didn't mind paying for and was completely worth the price.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:04 PM   #3
adee
Green Arrow

I never did the VIP and only go on Saturday. I enjoy the hoopla lol

I guess this is to cut down the scalping?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:17 PM   #4
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I never did the VIP and only go on Saturday. I enjoy the hoopla lol

I guess this is to cut down the scalping?
Yeah... it's their attempt to curb scalping (Good luck).

I'm a big panel guy, so Ultimate Access was a big plus for me. Now, I'll be lucky if I can attend 1 or 2 panels on the main stage.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:19 AM   #5
adee
Green Arrow

I just registered for verification. What a pain.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:58 AM   #6
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I just registered for verification. What a pain.
Yeah, I registered. Still leaning towards not going due to this new process and zero VIP access.

When I really think about it, I do spend quite a bit of money during that whole weekend (and I'm sure I'm not the only one)

1. Airfare
2. 5 night hotel stay in Time Square.
3. Broadway shows
4. Con Merchandise
5. Dining out
6. Cab/Ubers

So Reedpop may make me save some money this year.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:15 AM   #7
BurningRage
Inhumans

I registered.
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:47 PM   #8
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

You can always stay outside of Times Square and save lots of money. Also, the subway is much cheaper than cab/uber, especially now that the 7 line drops you right at the Hudson Yards stop. There are ways to save money.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:31 PM   #9
BurningRage
Inhumans

Got the email link that tickets go on sale Wednesday, June 29 at 12:00 (noon) PM EDT
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:16 AM   #10
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Same here....but I'm skipping the con this year.

No VIP pretty much killed it for me. I guess money saved.