Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 11-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #31
slipmagee
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

slipmagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #32
slipmagee

So here is my review:

Hollywood Collectors Group Power loader Exclusive. Retail price $1199.95

The exclusive version came with a detailed poster of the power loader specs. The poster is 16' x 24' thick stock and glossy. Very cool addition

The power loader comes in 3 large and heavy boxes. One contains the body, another the arms and a few other parts, the last contains the base.

Thank god everything came in one piece. The boxes looked like they went through the wringer.

Now for the piece it self.... This thing is huge! The base is 22' in diameter. The whole thing including the antennas is over 33', the figure without base and antennas is 25'. This takes up a lot of real estate.

The base is solid and has a cool feature...it rotates. The action on the turntable is very smooth.
Everything about this looks and feels quality. The entire figure is solid polystone. VERY HEAVY. No sideshow hollow nonsense going on here.

This had to be assembled. It comes in several pieces:
1) base
2) body
3) arms x2 comprising of
a) vice manipulator
b) cable hub
c) lower arm actuator
d) leg hydraulic actuator
4) upper arm hydraulic actuator x2
5) rear cable hub socket
6) security warning light
7) comms antenna x2

As I started putting this thing together I dawned on me that I have no place to put it. Lol I had a plan but once It was together I realized that's just not going to work. I actually thought I might be able to put it in besta. Not a chance. On top maybe but...

So as for the paint app. I've heard a lot of noise from members on here about the quality of the work that comes from HCG and I'm real glad I didn't listen and allow that to persuaded me into not getting this piece. I think it looks amazing. The Weathering looks great just enough to make it look realistic. Really top notch. They do use some decals but they look painted on. The light on top works but I wish it rotated like a real hazard light. That doesn't really matter since I won't be displaying it with the light on anyway.

If you were wondering if it's worth $1200. You just have to see it in person and feel the heft of this thing and you'll be convinced. With all these other figures coming out that are $1000 + hollow and full of flaws this one won't disappoint. If you are an Aliens fan this is a must. I doubt there will be anything like this again. For sure this will be a center piece in your collection.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:55 AM   #33
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think it looks pretty cool, dude. I was always anxious to see what this looked like once it came out, and I'm thankful that you were able to show it off. From what I can see, the weathering looks close enough to authentic. I like how the oils, dirt, and grime are still caught within the grooves and spaces throughout the loader. Almost as if it were washed and due to it's usage, time, and age, the dirt and grime stained the grooves and spaces where it sat and congealed over time. Very cool effect.

Love all the hoses too. I would imagine also that decals had to be used in some areas, and I believe you when you say they've been applied correctly. Gentle Giant used decals for their Iron Patriot and they were applied so well that you couldn't tell they were stickers at all. The decals on this look to be no exception.

Judging from your pictures, the only knock that I have is that the jaws on both arms look completely fixed in an open position. There's really nothing to indicate that the jaws could slide close and open on their tracks. It would've been cool had HCG sculpted one jaw half way closed in a vertical position, and the other jaw turned horizontally and open about three quarters of the way to let the viewer know that, "Oh cool, the jaws can turn and they can open and close too."

However, if you're a big enough fan of Aliens then you'd already know the jaws can turn, open, and close haha! Other than that, it's huge and looks next to perfect. Congratulations, man! Really happy for you.

If this wasn't over $1,000 I'd seriously consider this. A 22" base too...you'd need at least a 24" or bigger end table just to cover the space it eats up.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #34
Python
Omega Red

That thing is massive, looks good too. Glad to see HCG came through on this one.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 08:16 PM   #35
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

looks great congrats, out of all the recent hcg releases this is the one I wanted to turn out well the most. Only thing I don't like are the bits that are painted silver look cheap like plastic would've been nice to see them look more like real metal.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:18 AM   #36
thx217
Ultimates

Thanks for the pics. This one came out better than they usually do. I hope this will be the quality of all of their stuff from now on. Congrats. Can't wait for mine.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 03:45 PM   #37
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

This looks really nice. congrats.

job well done HCG.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:57 PM   #38
Vader
Ghost

i wish this had some poseability. would pose it with the 1/4 queen.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:00 PM   #39
Vader
Ghost

Can you post a picture of the light close up? Mine has a loose piece. Is it supposed to be like that?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:32 AM   #40
slipmagee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Can you post a picture of the light close up? Mine has a loose piece. Is it supposed to be like that?
Not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the light on the top? What's loose?