Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #121
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I don't think Frazetta's Cat Girl is fat. She's more curvy / athletic like most of his girls. And this might turn out to be the best Frazetta diorama statue released so far. As I posted before I didn't like the Egyptian Queen one that much.

I believe some of the current plus sized models would be considered far more fat than a Frazetta girl. I haven't seen the new SI Swimsuit issue yet but I believe they have a few in it like last year.

Anyway, back to Sharyn. I'm not on Facebook and for some reason I can't get the comments to load up. Anyone watching what people are posting there? This just seems like a disaster in the making. I doubt these will be discounted but I'm watching just in case...
I would have Ashley Grahams babies
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 12:05 AM   #122
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

3 Sha-Ryns instock at BBTS now.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #123
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I get that there is a lot of disappointment in this one due to the non-nudity. If she had been like any of the actresses that played the girl in any of the previous King Kong movies I probably would have ordered her and displayed her in front of the movie poster in my entertainment/movie room like I do with my other movie stuff.

I made a trade offer to a guy but he turned me down, I don't want to buy her because she isn't really my thing but would have traded.

Anyway, had I been successful I would have ordered a Ken Kelly print of his painting "Mighty King" from his website and had him sign it and display it in front of that.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:01 AM   #124
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

USPS sucks. It looks like my statue will be arriving at least a week past the expected delivery date. Same thing happened with Medusa.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:14 AM   #125
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I don't think Frazetta's Cat Girl is fat. She's more curvy / athletic like most of his girls. And this might turn out to be the best Frazetta diorama statue released so far. As I posted before I didn't like the Egyptian Queen one that much.

I believe some of the current plus sized models would be considered far more fat than a Frazetta girl. I haven't seen the new SI Swimsuit issue yet but I believe they have a few in it like last year.

Anyway, back to Sharyn. I'm not on Facebook and for some reason I can't get the comments to load up. Anyone watching what people are posting there? This just seems like a disaster in the making. I doubt these will be discounted but I'm watching just in case...
I do think the more natural curvy female form is in trend now a days (IE: 50's-60's models)... The whole boyish figure with fake silicon breasts which was really popular in the late 80's and through the 90's seems to be fading away...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:49 AM   #126
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I do think the more natural curvy female form is in trend now a days (IE: 50's-60's models)... The whole boyish figure with fake silicon breasts which was really popular in the late 80's and through the 90's seems to be fading away...
Women have a tough job over body images. For me it's about femininity and athleticism. You can have all kinds of body types then.

There always seems to be a type that becomes popular and others attempt to imitate it if they can. And if they can't you at times read horror stories like the concrete implants...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:45 AM   #127
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I got this statue in yesterday. Overall it is a very nice statue that would have been much better if the top were removable. On the plus side, my wife didn't give me any evil side-glances or snide comments when I unboxed this one. It's the small victories in life that make it meaningful.

That being said, "Kong's" hand did have a sticky clear substance on the back and bottom. I took a warm washcloth to it, but I will have to check how that worked later. It had a definite chemical smell, and being made in China, I wish it didn't get on my hand. Anyone have any idea what it might have been?
Old 04-10-2017, 10:21 AM   #128
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I got this statue in yesterday. Overall it is a very nice statue that would have been much better if the top were removable. On the plus side, my wife didn't give me any evil side-glances or snide comments when I unboxed this one. It's the small victories in life that make it meaningful.

That being said, "Kong's" hand did have a sticky clear substance on the back and bottom. I took a warm washcloth to it, but I will have to check how that worked later. It had a definite chemical smell, and being made in China, I wish it didn't get on my hand. Anyone have any idea what it might have been?
I'm not really sure, but if I was to offer a speculation I would say it's possible that's the monkey hand that Arahom used to jerk all his customers off with that ordered this piece. Anyway, that would just be my guess, it's probably something else though.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #129
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I'm not really sure, but if I was to offer a speculation I would say it's possible that's the monkey hand that Arahom used to jerk all his customers off with that ordered this piece. Anyway, that would just be my guess, it's probably something else though.
Set up was too easy.

Any word as to why they scrapped the topless option?
Ehren's so good at girls!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #130
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I was waiting for a semen joke. I really wonder what it is though. If it were a glob of sealer, I would have expected it to be dry.