Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 01-26-2017, 05:02 AM   #141
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

New update about ryu on fb kinetiquettes collectors group

davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #142
prototype78
Frackin!

What a about for a promotion for pre-pre-order ryu lol
prototype78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:33 PM   #143
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

From a marketing perspective this was a bad idea. Either you are buying both or Ryu is ruined. Unfortunately he is not exposable by himself
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:16 AM   #144
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
From a marketing perspective this was a bad idea. Either you are buying both or Ryu is ruined. Unfortunately he is not exposable by himself
This diorama includes four characters. Ken, Ryu, Gouken, Gouki. There are multiple ways to connect and display them.

Even if you only buy one, you're still getting a good sized (1:6) action statue.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:27 AM   #145
dajuice
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

When I bought you guys' first piece Evil Ryu, I was very optimistic and excited for your company but after having to wait so long for your next pieces to come out and having so many pre-orders from other companies, I forgot about you guys and lost that enthusiasm. The Evil Ryu is spectacular and I thought it was a foreshadowing of what was even greater things to come. Due to the wait as well as considering the price for a 1/6 scale statue, I cancelled the Oni Akuma. When Ken was displayed, my interest piqued and did a pre-order through BBTS. To this day, this statue is still on pre-order and again I cancelled it due to the wait, price, and my other pre-order that I had to trim off.

Maybe I need to have patience and I need to adhere to the saying that good things come to those who wait. But in the collecting world, there are so many new things coming out every month that draws collectors over to another side. Also there is a precious commodity called time and that it can't be wasted and every second counts. Good luck with your company and maybe by the time I reconsider to buy the Battle of the Brothers dio, they will still be available.
dajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:02 PM   #146
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajuice View Post
When I bought you guys' first piece Evil Ryu, I was very optimistic and excited for your company but after having to wait so long for your next pieces to come out and having so many pre-orders from other companies, I forgot about you guys and lost that enthusiasm. The Evil Ryu is spectacular and I thought it was a foreshadowing of what was even greater things to come. Due to the wait as well as considering the price for a 1/6 scale statue, I cancelled the Oni Akuma. When Ken was displayed, my interest piqued and did a pre-order through BBTS. To this day, this statue is still on pre-order and again I cancelled it due to the wait, price, and my other pre-order that I had to trim off.

Maybe I need to have patience and I need to adhere to the saying that good things come to those who wait. But in the collecting world, there are so many new things coming out every month that draws collectors over to another side. Also there is a precious commodity called time and that it can't be wasted and every second counts. Good luck with your company and maybe by the time I reconsider to buy the Battle of the Brothers dio, they will still be available.
Thanks for your support of our work. I'm sorry to hear that you had to wait so long but usually from the day of PO we ship our statues within 6-9 months. We have shipped all our Kens to our customers and Bbts is the only retailer who haven't picked up their order.

Sometimes there are things that are out of our control and we have to delay preorders from going up. We are now fully focused on getting this diorama out there as we know a lot of fans are waiting for this line. We will do better. Please bear with us.
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:15 PM   #147
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajuice View Post

I unfortunately followed exactly the same procedure, but it's more due to BBTS and not Kinetiquettes. After waiting so long, I didn't grow impatient - I just reanalyzed my collecting desires and my money. I was mainly interested in Gouken and Gouki any way. And ordering direct is likely the way to go. I did that with Evil Ryu, but the last two thru BBTS haven't worked out so well...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:27 PM   #148
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

While i feel Ken is an outstanding stand alone piece and is only going to be better in the diorama, i can't sya the same for Ryu, he'll look great in the diorama but as a standalone piece.....not so much.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #149
~WindzStriker~
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
While i feel Ken is an outstanding stand alone piece and is only going to be better in the diorama, i can't sya the same for Ryu, he'll look great in the diorama but as a standalone piece.....not so much.
totally agree.

Ryu standalone seems plain
~WindzStriker~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #150
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WindzStriker~ View Post
totally agree.

Ryu standalone seems plain
I'd wait till you see the full diorama before making judgement
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote