Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-09-2022, 10:52 AM   #1
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Website for buying directly from artists and directory of websites to purchase from

I put together a little website that contains a huge list of artists who have their own website, ebay shops, etc and then added additional pages for Reps with their artist stable as well as some dealer and auction house sites. If anyone knows any other ones please feel free to leave them here or send a message through the site, (the site is easier because I can add them as I review messages).

I thought this may be beneficial to the community as a whole as there are always more and more artists who seem to sell their own work through their own site, CAF, ebay, etc.

As you can tell I'm not a webmaster so go easy on the layout!

https://www.buyfromcomicartists.com
hockeyflow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:12 AM   #2
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This is very awesome, Thanks for sharing!
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 05:44 PM   #3
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

How about JadeGiant COmic ARt?

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:01 AM   #4
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Wow this is great, thank you.
This forum used to be a great resource for original art and commissions, I'd check in daily as to not miss artists making announcements here. Sadly now the forum is basically dead, or this one at least.

Is there some way to make it visible when new artists/pages are added to this list? Like a date or 'Recently Added' sort of thing, so we can know when the list has new finds.
Cheers again this is very helpful.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 11:52 AM   #5
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

This is neat, thanks for sharing! As someone pretty new to all this, it's nice to have places that consolidate.
I think a preview-image for the links would be handy! As a newbie, I'm not familiar with the style for all the artists!
Alphabetical order might help too.
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 12:07 PM   #6
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
How about JadeGiant COmic ARt?
I'll get you added today!
Old 02-12-2022, 12:08 PM   #7
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82 View Post
This forum used to be a great resource for original art and commissions, I'd check in daily as to not miss artists making announcements here. Sadly now the forum is basically dead, or this one at least.

Is there some way to make it visible when new artists/pages are added to this list? Like a date or 'Recently Added' sort of thing, so we can know when the list has new finds.
There may be but that's way beyond what I know how to do unfortunately
Old 02-12-2022, 12:09 PM   #8
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraVoyent View Post
This is neat, thanks for sharing! As someone pretty new to all this, it's nice to have places that consolidate.
I think a preview-image for the links would be handy! As a newbie, I'm not familiar with the style for all the artists!
Alphabetical order might help too.
All the links open to new pages so you're able to go check out the artist's shop pages and still have the existing web page stay where you were.

Everything is already in alphabetical order, the artists go by last name.
Old 02-12-2022, 12:30 PM   #9
hockeyflow33
Fantastic Four

Quote:

Sorry for the double quote but have you used ComicArtTracker.com? That site is great if you're looking for particular artists and they offer a daily email update
Old 02-15-2022, 09:44 AM   #10
Sam
Hydra

Quote:

I wouldn't say this forum is dead. I think that the current economics of the world have simply made many cut their purchasing so that there's less art to show off.

I know for myself that a deceitful ex-wife forced me to cut my art purchases WAAAAY down when she robbed me for thousands. Add some medical troubles to the mix and my expendable cash reserves are down to pennies, so aside from replying to other posts there's little that I have to add to the conversation. Of course there's also the lack of shows for the past couple of years.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote