Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-26-2017, 11:24 PM   #31
Rokdweller
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Agreed. I was fine with the paint on the ARH DD on a horse and thrilled with the paint on Atlantis and I didn't order Huntress or DD3 but the Barbarian paint job really didn't do the sculpt justice IMO, and I don't mean to insult Arahom or ARH with that comment, it is just that the colors in the painting are very complex and I really want to see it rendered closer to that.
True, I was also satisfied with the DD on a horse paint. A agree on Atlantis, while I didn't buy one I did see some at ARH when they were shipping them. The translucent water effect was exceptionally executed. I completely agree on the paint complexity needed for Barbarian. The factory paint was too matte with minimal coloration and detail. When I put my factory painted Barbarian Solo next to the repainted Barbarian the difference is epic... so much so that I may get my two solos repainted as well. Ehren's Barbarian sculpt is phenomenal and this is my second favorite Frazetta work... Silver Warrior will never be made in 1/4 scale.
Rokdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:22 AM   #32
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

So this is kind of distressing. I sent the Barbarian USPS (mistake, I should have sent Fed Ex) and it cost $126 to go the cheapest way possible. It was supposed to be there yesterday.

Here is the distressing part. The tracking has just been showing "in route to destination" with no additional scans since March 26. That's 5 days. So I call the USPS "help" line and go through their automated system and after about 10 choices and entering my tracking number I get a recorded message telling me the exact same thing as I can see myself on the tracking page.

So I call back and sit on hold for a half hour to get to a real person and she says "yeah, it's in transit" and I say, yes I know that but it was supposed to be there yesterday and I understand sometimes it gets delayed but shouldn't you at least know where it is? And she says "it will probably show up, if it doesn't show up by next Friday we can file a lost package report and start an 'inquiry'"

That doesn't sound promising at all. How do you lose a box the size of a washing machine? Anybody else run into this with USPS and if so did your story have a happy ending?
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:47 AM   #33
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Hope everything works out TN...
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:51 AM   #34
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
So this is kind of distressing. I sent the Barbarian USPS (mistake, I should have sent Fed Ex) and it cost $126 to go the cheapest way possible. It was supposed to be there yesterday.

Here is the distressing part. The tracking has just been showing "in route to destination" with no additional scans since March 26. That's 5 days. So I call the USPS "help" line and go through their automated system and after about 10 choices and entering my tracking number I get a recorded message telling me the exact same thing as I can see myself on the tracking page.

So I call back and sit on hold for a half hour to get to a real person and she says "yeah, it's in transit" and I say, yes I know that but it was supposed to be there yesterday and I understand sometimes it gets delayed but shouldn't you at least know where it is? And she says "it will probably show up, if it doesn't show up by next Friday we can file a lost package report and start an 'inquiry'"

That doesn't sound promising at all. How do you lose a box the size of a washing machine? Anybody else run into this with USPS and if so did your story have a happy ending?
Is it possible Arahom got a second job at the post office?
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #35
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This is actually not that uncommon. I think the vast majority of times the package arrives. I'm basing this off of seeing many many questions of this type on another forum.

Your nightmare will actually begin if it is indeed lost. Trying to get them to pay out if they lost it is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:42 AM   #36
IXEC
Hellboy

Quote:

That is common with USPS. They have never lost anything of mine. You'll get it.....
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:42 AM   #37
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

Well if you have insurance and they by chance lose or damage your package you have nothing to worry about. I've had good experience with usps in this regard, while i've never lost anything they did insure me on a damaged package.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
lol, you may want to be careful you still have PO's with ARH.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:01 PM   #38
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Well if you have insurance and they by chance lose or damage your package you have nothing to worry about. I've had good experience with usps in this regard, while i've never lost anything they did insure me on a damaged package.

lol, you may want to be careful you still have PO's with ARH.
The last three out of three statues I ordered from ARH have been defective or undeliverable. I have one more PO with him. It already looks like a can of worms. Seriously, whats he going to do? Steal my money again? Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #39
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Quote:
The last three out of three statues I ordered from ARH have been defective or undeliverable. I have one more PO with him. It already looks like a can of worms. Seriously, whats he going to do? Steal my money again? Been there, done that, got the tee shirt.
I'm not saying you can't complain about Arahom or ARH or that you don't have any beefs, just requesting you don't do so in my repaint thread please.

Here is one that has gone out of use for some reason

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=158986
Old 04-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #40
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

It got scanned again! Yay! Still not delivered but at least confirmed in the system, moving in the right direction, and even in the right state now. I feel a lot better.