Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #101
Gothamite
Phoenix

You just gotta use the item locator, sometimes there are stores you didn't even know exist.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #102
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
You just gotta use the item locator, sometimes there are stores you didn't even know exist.
I did. They didn't.

When I've gone that route and found something even remotely of interest "locally", they've either been located in the hind end of Lower Slobbovia or the boondocks of Palookaville. Waaaaaay past a reasonable commuting distance or simply not justifiable. I believe it just comes down to living in a densely populated area with lots of competitors (read: collectors). I became reconciled to this in my wild and woolly action figure collecting days but hadn't realized how much it carried over into the statue realm. The internet is your friend (except when it isn't).
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:33 AM   #103
Gothamite
Phoenix

True, it can be frustrating bc the search radius is automatically 100 miles, and sometimes the nearest store that has an item is in the 80-100 mile range. -_-
Old 07-22-2018, 05:49 PM   #104
Gothamite
Phoenix

You might want to call / check your local stores. MSRP is $150.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:02 PM   #105
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
You might want to call / check your local stores. MSRP is $150.

ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #106
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

wow, 50 centss!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:15 PM   #107
Gothamite
Phoenix

Clearance items are now 30% off instead of 50% off.

Non-clearance statues, including pre-orders, are 25% off MSRP.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #108
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Well, I must be wearing orthopedic shoes because I stand corrected (Stole that line from Bill Maher --- gotta acknowledge my sources). Having struck out several times with this approach, I finally hit paydirt. Big time! I searched for an unmasked X-23/Wolverine and was pointed to a GameStop that I was unaware of less than 15 miles away. Not only did they have it, but a regular smorgasbord of other delectables. Turns out it is a 50/50 store that stocks both GameStop gaming stuff and ThinkGeek (of which there are ZERO in my region) goodies. I was in heaven. Got a bunch of statues (25% off), figures and novelties. Best of all, I've now got a go-to store within easy travelling distance. Nice staff, too boot. Thanks again, Gothie! I owe ya!
Old 07-25-2018, 07:44 PM   #109
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Well, I must be wearing orthopedic shoes because I stand corrected (Stole that line from Bill Maher --- gotta acknowledge my sources). Having struck out several times with this approach, I finally hit paydirt. Big time! I searched for an unmasked X-23/Wolverine and was pointed to a GameStop that I was unaware of less than 15 miles away. Not only did they have it, but a regular smorgasbord of other delectables. Turns out it is a 50/50 store that stocks both GameStop gaming stuff and ThinkGeek (of which there are ZERO in my region) goodies. I was in heaven. Got a bunch of statues (25% off), figures and novelties. Best of all, I've now got a go-to store within easy travelling distance. Nice staff, too boot. Thanks again, Gothie! I owe ya!
Old 07-29-2018, 03:31 AM   #110
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Dropped in to another relatively nearby GameStop I had not frequented in years. They didn't have what I went there for but I did score a couple of Black series Star Wars figures I had missed and a Chronicle Fallout 4 Nuka-Cola Girl statue. Not something I was aware of but she does have a rocket pack and I am a sucker for retro style characters in those.... Bombshells Hawkgirl, Ame-Comi Hawkgirl (v.2) (sort of), Gigantor, Rocketeer, Commando Cody, Jetman ("Zoom"), etc. It's a PVC figure but nicely detailed and has a bottlecap base. Being 25% off didn't hurt either.
"I LIKE IT!!!!!"