Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #1001
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

For those who have actually assembled this, how many have managed to get this to seat properly in the base? Agent_J.Warren scared me enough to put mine together. Initially I wanted to wait until I got the replacement head.

The statue wouldn't go all the way down, thus the heel wasn't providing any stability and causing the statue to lean forward. I tried heating it with a hair dryer to see if that would work. No luck. I next dremmeled the key hole deeper. It didn't help. Then I realized the left foot was already touching the base, so it wasn't going to go any further. I ended up shaving down that twisted piece of metal far enough to get it to properly seat.

Fortunately I build a lot of models. I can handle this kind of stuff. Had to add some putty to the keyhole to snug it up, and I'll have to repaint the part I shaved, but at least I shouldn't have immediate problems. Who knows about leaning over time at this point.

I wonder how many people don't have this set all the way into the base. It's to hard to find any pictures or reviews of this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190807_161607.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	125012  
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:13 PM   #1002
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Every single one of you should ask for a full refund. Spending $650 on a toy that requires legitimate time and effort to make whole is a joke. You are doing nothing but ensuring that this lack of quality continues.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #1003
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Now I’m scared. I hadn’t put her together as I only inspected the reg head for wonky eye. Wanted to wait till I got a new display case but now I’m definitely going home and setting her up to see if she has the lean
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #1004
tworow2
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

No issues with the peg for mine.
tworow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:31 PM   #1005
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
For those who have actually assembled this, how many have managed to get this to seat properly in the base? Agent_J.Warren scared me enough to put mine together. Initially I wanted to wait until I got the replacement head.

The statue wouldn't go all the way down, thus the heel wasn't providing any stability and causing the statue to lean forward. I tried heating it with a hair dryer to see if that would work. No luck. I next dremmeled the key hole deeper. It didn't help. Then I realized the left foot was already touching the base, so it wasn't going to go any further. I ended up shaving down that twisted piece of metal far enough to get it to properly seat.

Fortunately I build a lot of models. I can handle this kind of stuff. Had to add some putty to the keyhole to snug it up, and I'll have to repaint the part I shaved, but at least I shouldn't have immediate problems. Who knows about leaning over time at this point.

I wonder how many people don't have this set all the way into the base. It's to hard to find any pictures or reviews of this.
You're experiencing the exact same thing.

If you look at the production photos there should be no gap between the base layers. The gap causes her left foot to prevent the key from fully inserting into the base.

Totally sucks cuz this ruined my piece due to the excessive lean cracking the leg.

Very sorry you're dealing with it too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190807_172554__01.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	125014  
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:39 PM   #1006
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Emma and Psylocke are both cursed characters. There has been something off with either the design, paint, or construction of every PF. It’s crazy!

Sorry, I was too hasty, the Brooks Psylocke comiquette is beautiful and has appeared to hold up over time.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 07:45 PM   #1007
rjszar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
You're experiencing the exact same thing.

If you look at the production photos there should be no gap between the base layers. The gap causes her left foot to prevent the key from fully inserting into the base.

Totally sucks cuz this ruined my piece due to the excessive lean cracking the leg.

Very sorry you're dealing with it too.
It's hard for me to tell if there is a "gap". I'm sure that piece was separate and glued in place, but mine looks like it has a proper fit. Really don't know. I can live with the fix I did, but I wonder if I should ask for a new base too.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:09 PM   #1008
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
It's hard for me to tell if there is a "gap". I'm sure that piece was separate and glued in place, but mine looks like it has a proper fit. Really don't know. I can live with the fix I did, but I wonder if I should ask for a new base too.
Well, I'm tempted to do your fix, as that would work for mine too. I'd still be concerned, tho, that the leg will continue to crack and separate over time due to leaning.

I still haven't heard back from my email last Friday. I think I'll call this Friday if nothing has been decided. I'm sure the returns team is all-too familiar with me by now and pushes me to the VERY back of the list when they see my email lol.

I was once a major jerk to them because it took two months for them to send a replacement for an in-stock item. When I finally got it, it had even more problems. Then it took them over two weeks to reply about the replacement issues, and when they did, it was an automated response (acknowledging a totally different problem). I called and talked to the returns supervisor and we got into it a bit.

They eventually handled everything very well, but come on...two months to send an even worse replacement... They have a very small returns team, so if anyone is wondering about chronic delays, this is why. This insight made me for empathetic toward their situation and a bit more patient.

Anyhow. Good luck to you and good luck to all of us.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:17 PM   #1009
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

you guys can at least get your left foot to the base, my Emma left foot sits on top of the hose coming from cerebro helmet

its either the hose is warped from casting or they glued in the whole part in wrong.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 08:54 PM   #1010
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Well, I'm tempted to do your fix, as that would work for mine too. I'd still be concerned, tho, that the leg will continue to crack and separate over time due to leaning.

I still haven't heard back from my email last Friday. I think I'll call this Friday if nothing has been decided. I'm sure the returns team is all-too familiar with me by now and pushes me to the VERY back of the list when they see my email lol.

I was once a major jerk to them because it took two months for them to send a replacement for an in-stock item. When I finally got it, it had even more problems. Then it took them over two weeks to reply about the replacement issues, and when they did, it was an automated response (acknowledging a totally different problem). I called and talked to the returns supervisor and we got into it a bit.

They eventually handled everything very well, but come on...two months to send an even worse replacement... They have a very small returns team, so if anyone is wondering about chronic delays, this is why. This insight made me for empathetic toward their situation and a bit more patient.

Anyhow. Good luck to you and good luck to all of us.
Wow....2 months...2 weeks is already my max max and usually theres been a couple of exchanges by then with the replacement being sent out just about 2 weeks.

You musta done something to them to get the 2 months treatment.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote