Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-25-2005, 03:49 AM   #1
Batwing
Cobra Command

Amateur in need of advice

Hi guys,

I have an XBox but am NOT a gamer--i.e. my skills are Beginner Level (or less). The games I have and enjoy and can play are things like:
* Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu
* Godzilla: Destroy all Monsters
* Kung Fu Chaos
* Taz the Tasmanian Tiger

I have found games like "Superman: Man of Steel" impossible to play. suck at "Micro Machines." And strategy games like "James Bond: Nightfire" too challenging--I'm still ONLY at level 2, even with the strategy guide book! ARGH!!!

Can you give me some recommendations of easy-to-play games (preferably superhero-based) that I can even bring out when me to enjoy, and for when (non-gamer) friends come over? Halo, Mercenaries and others are out!

Some possibilities:
* Batman Begins
* Spider-man 2
* Star Wars Lego
* Hulk: Ultimate Destruction?

THANKS! My thumbs thank you!
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:00 AM   #2
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

I'm in the same boat Batwing. I'm still a fumbling amateur when it comes to these things. Though I find that 2-player Halo is a dream to get the hang of, and great fun to play with similarly clueless gamers. You can get quite proficient, quite quickly. I don't find much time to play, which means I don't finish games at all - though Batman Rise of Sin Tzu is fun. I just got Ultimate Spider-man yesterday (eBay bargain) - I struggled to out-race the Human Torch as Spidey (got there in the end!), but managed to pound Logan as Venom. It plays very similarly to Spidey 2, but the comic tie-ins give it the edge for me. It's superb fun to webswing, though I'm all fingers and thumbs when it comes to combining moves.

A friend and I have very nearly completed the Suffering - we have to do it on evenings months apart, because we live quite far away from each other. However, it's ultra violent, could be disturbing to some and has the fruitiest language you can get. So not for everybody. But bloody brilliant as far as I'm concerned - best game out there.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

Well, there are different kinds of games.
A fun racing game is Need for Speed: Underground 2 (you can probably get this for 20 bucks)
Then there's Forza Motorsports which is a bit harder since the better you mod your vehicle, the better you'll drive.
Psychonauts is a fun puzzle/adventure type game.
Stubbs the Zombie is a fun game if a bit repetitive but it's easy (and unfortunetly a bit short.
X-Men Legends 2 is a fun game and a great 4 player game.

I'll try and think up some more later on today
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #4
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Oh yeah X-men Legends 1 or 2 is awesome and fairly easy.
Kingdom Hearts was fairly easy.
Can't go wrong with Madden 2006. After a couple of hours of playing you should be able to beat a team even at your beginner video game playing level.
Need for Speed:Underground 2 is an excellent driving game.
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:12 PM   #5
Batwing
Cobra Command

Thanks, everyone. This helps a lot. A lot of people on-line game sites that give reviews are hard-core gamers and they're clearly operating at acompletely different level than me. Which means a different set of criteria for what's 'easy.'
Batwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:44 PM   #6
Wolverine1
SNIKT!!! Keeping the pimp hand strong! Rot Minister of Nocturnal Security

X men legends 1 and 2 and maybe Spider man, you could always swing around and get the hang on it.
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:24 AM   #7
mitchanator
Death is hereditary.

lego star wars IMO is a fairly easy game you still get to beat the crap out of bad guys with a lightsaber so i think it's a good bet
mitchanator is offline   Reply With Quote