Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-14-2019, 02:30 AM   #301
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I don’t care for the repaired Kylo Ren helmet and the repaired lightsaber. I know they are symbols of JJ fixing what Rian Johnson broke. But I would have thought a new Kylo helmet and new Rey saber would be more creative. A new Rey saber could have shown that she developed her knowledge and skills. Would have liked to see a new style lightsaber design. Plus the different designs could help sell more toys and collectibles. And Rey is still wearing nearly the same designed outfit in the previous two movies. My guess for similarity to the TFA outfit is that it required little CGI for the ‘new’ Rey and Leia scene which is recycled TFA footage. As a kid when the original trilogy came out, I like that the characters had different outfits and uniforms. I wanted every version of Leia, Luke and Han.

I hope there some interesting new designs. Curious about Keri Russel’s part. Not digging the new droid design. Modified Kylo Ren TIE looks cool.

Potential spolier with title speculation.

Spoiler
A theory is going around that the title ‘Rise of Skywalker’ refers to the name of Jedi Order replacements. If it is time for the Jedi to end, then a new lightside or possible gray order will be the replacement. Name the new order ‘Skywalker’ after Luke, the last of the Jedi and the first of a new order. This makes sense when the early rumored name was ‘Skywalkers’. Fit better than the title refer to Rey or Kylo. We’ll know in 8 months.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:13 AM   #302
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
What you mean is, it's a shame that more people don't have positive things to say? Those of us that dislike the current movies ARE discussing the material, we just don't like it.
Cool. Fun discussion.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:29 AM   #303
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'd rather keep Star Wars as a PG-13 rated affair than have it go "adult". Just as I don't need Captain America movies with eviscerated corpses. I have IPs I follow for that, and it's nice to have lighter IPs that don't need that. Not saying the themes can't be a bit more complex, but I'm not looking for "A Beautiful Mind" when I go see Star Wars.
I'm not suggesting a "R" rated version of Star Wars, just something more aimed at adults then kids, you know something without Jar Jar Bink style characters in it.. A story with some substance to it...

The scene in the new trailer showing Rey getting into a runner stance and running at around 60 mph to do a backflip over a space ship was rather lame IMO.. It's like they can't figure out a good story so lets just have these over the top force powers & big explosions in space to hide the fact that our story sucks... They're defiantly aiming to wow kids with visuals then tell a good story.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #304
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Cool. Fun discussion.
Face it, any improvements to future films (and KK getting the boot) are a result of OUR type of discussion. You should thank us for being vocal and not just accepting whatever crap they give us.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:50 AM   #305
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Gonna take a masterpiece to get the stink (TLJ) off this beloved franchise. Oh what could have been..........
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #306
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Since I don’t care for any of the new characters in this trilogy, I’m really looking forward to the new series on Disney +. Really hoping Vader is in one of them for at least a couple of scenes, like Rogue One.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #307
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I don’t care for the repaired Kylo Ren helmet and the repaired lightsaber. I know they are symbols of JJ fixing what Rian Johnson broke. But I would have thought a new Kylo helmet and new Rey saber would be more creative....

Your comment brings me to a HUGE problem I have.
I have beef with another droid of significance. I was totally on board with BB-8: New characters need a new droid, design was totally inspired but new real world tech that wasn't available before and he worked great even if he stepped on R2's toes a little.

Not having the 3 cast together at SOME point was totally tragic but all 3 of these have separated 3PO and R2. I can't even find R2 in the trailer but this new stupid D-0 gimmick is right there with 3PO. R2-D2 and C-3PO are a duo. They work best together. Now splitting them off for a bit or a movie but c'mon! These 2 are the story tellers of all of Star Wars!

It's like Arndt had this idea for a plot device of making people yearn for what they remembered and Abrams and Kennedy decided that was a good for keeping people interested. Problem is they've backed themselves in a situation to where they can't cash in now.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:08 PM   #308
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Well said, put C3PO and R2 together for crying out loud. They should have brought in new characters for new movies. The last trilogy should have had the most loved characters of any movie together again. Shame.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:13 PM   #309
senseimaki
The Herculoids

OMG! I’ve never read so much whining. If you’ve truly given up on Star Wars, then just move on and let those who still like it enjoy it. Lol
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #310
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
I’ve never read so much whining.
True OG fans learned from the best, Luke Skywalker.

https://www.syfy.com/2017-6-26/luke-skywalker-star-wars
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote