Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #1541
adee
Green Arrow

The only thing I dislike is how fast the time flies by. I always forget how much I truly love this show until it comes back on.

I was fully expecting Melisandre to revive Jon like the eye patch guy. What I wasn't expecting was to go from 12 to 630 so quickly! And now I can never look at the Red Woman the same way again!

Oh and how exactly did Sansa and Theon survive that jump? We just assume the snow was high enough that they could make a fifty foot jump and not get injured?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:23 PM   #1542
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Don't count out the revival yet! There is some reason his body was not burnt to protect the camp from him reviving like a White Walker AND a reason that they linger on his blood stain.

If Beric Donderrion can be resurrected numerous times, I think Jon Snow can be saved once

And yep, Adee, the snow was so high that is protected them from injury. Now how the hell they would dig themselves out of that snow without being seen is another mystery....
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #1543
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Don't count out the revival yet! There is some reason his body was not burnt to protect the camp from him reviving like a White Walker AND a reason that they linger on his blood stain.

If Beric Donderrion can be resurrected numerous times, I think Jon Snow can be saved once

And yep, Adee, the snow was so high that is protected them from injury. Now how the hell they would dig themselves out of that snow without being seen is another mystery....
Yeah the snow jump was a little far fetched to me. I'd love someone to actually try that. I don't care how high the snow was.

I kept rewinding the part where Ser Davos looked at the blood stain. It obviously meant something but I couldn't figure it out.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #1544
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

A lot of people in the last few seasons always complained about the slow start of a GoT season, I think this one came out swinging. It was crazy. I never finished reading all the books, but is this show "further" than the books now?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #1545
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Yeah the snow jump was a little far fetched to me. I'd love someone to actually try that. I don't care how high the snow was.

I kept rewinding the part where Ser Davos looked at the blood stain. It obviously meant something but I couldn't figure it out.
The blood stain almost looked like a pattern to me, but I couldn't figure it out either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
I never finished reading all the books, but is this show "further" than the books now?
Correct. Nobody knows what's going to happen from this point onward.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #1546
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
The blood stain almost looked like a pattern to me, but I couldn't figure it out either.
I read it was a dragon? I didn't see it.

I don't think he stays dead. Either the 'Grey Woman' revives him or he warged into Ghost. Maybe both

Also Arya is my favorite character and I thought the idea of her getting her ass kicked every day until she can defended herself was really cool.
She is going to be one hell of a bad ass.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:36 PM   #1547
MrYac
Hercules

and can we talk about some of the plot holes? the Dogs vanishing when Brienne used her magical tracking powers yet again was bad enough but wasn't Trystane on the ship headed to Westeros with Jaime and Bronn last season? and the Snakes were all clearly on the dock watching them sail away and yet he wasn't on the boat with them after all and the snakes weren't on the dock?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:02 PM   #1548
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I thought it was a dragon too WHEN Jon was laying there. Actually, I watched the scene twice and paused it. At some angles it looked like a wolf head howling, other angles it looked like a dragon viewed when from above. When he was taken away, it was hard to discern what the shape was.

And to answer about the books and pacing, the only character's storyline I can vividly remember being shown in Season 6 that was going on in Book 5 is Arya. There is no way that will last the whole season though.

Mr Yac -- Lordy the Dorne storyline was all jacked up from the beginning. I can't even justify those cracked out ploy holes. I'm just glad I know where they are taking it now despite the MAJOR changes.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #1549
MrYac
Hercules

I don't think the blood is supposed to be a shape, if anything the implication I got out of it was that it's Kings Blood, and we've all seen that that stuff can do.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:27 PM   #1550
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
and can we talk about some of the plot holes? the Dogs vanishing when Brienne used her magical tracking powers yet again was bad enough but wasn't Trystane on the ship headed to Westeros with Jaime and Bronn last season? and the Snakes were all clearly on the dock watching them sail away and yet he wasn't on the boat with them after all and the snakes weren't on the dock?
I'm right with you on both points.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote