Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #1551
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
and can we talk about some of the plot holes? the Dogs vanishing when Brienne used her magical tracking powers yet again was bad enough but wasn't Trystane on the ship headed to Westeros with Jaime and Bronn last season? and the Snakes were all clearly on the dock watching them sail away and yet he wasn't on the boat with them after all and the snakes weren't on the dock?
I think a higher power is guiding Brienne to always be within earshot of a Stark in trouble.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #1552
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I think a higher power is guiding Brienne to always be within earshot of a Stark in trouble.
clearly her friendship with Jean Grey has allowed her to be personally taught by Professor X how to harness her amazing mutant ability to transcend time and space and always bump into whoever she is searching for no matter the distance or unlikelihood of such a meeting.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #1553
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Correct. Nobody knows what's going to happen from this point onward.
Ok thanks, that's what I thought.

So my follow up question, is the story still being created by George RR Martin now or is it all resting on the tv writing team?

I could be overthinking or over analyzing it but I felt that while this first episode was amazing, it didn't have the same feel as the rest. Some of the dialogue seemed a little out of place and cheesy to me.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #1554
Demona
Martian Manhunter

HBO is creating their stories based on loose information from Martin.

Martin told them several seasons ago where his vision was headed -- including how it will all end. I can't imagine HBO would go a different route than what Martin intended, but they sure are taking a different route to get there.

However, seeing that the show will end before the books, that doesn't stop Martin from changing his path (including the ending) as he sees fit.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:59 PM   #1555
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
and can we talk about some of the plot holes? the Dogs vanishing when Brienne used her magical tracking powers yet again was bad enough but wasn't Trystane on the ship headed to Westeros with Jaime and Bronn last season? and the Snakes were all clearly on the dock watching them sail away and yet he wasn't on the boat with them after all and the snakes weren't on the dock?
I watched this scene again, and it is very strange how suddenly they just vanish. Maybe someone killed them, but then there would be two dead dogs lying there, nothing, they are just gone. I have to assume they bolted together into the woods at the deaths of their owners.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:13 PM   #1556
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I have to assume they bolted together into the woods at the deaths of their owners.
considering how highly trained Ramsey's hounds are supposed to be that seems seriously unlikely.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:27 PM   #1557
Y3E
Gen 13

The dogs were scared of Brienne.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:23 PM   #1558
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
considering how highly trained Ramsey's hounds are supposed to be that seems seriously unlikely.
Maybe they were often abused, so the prospects of freedom away from their abusers was a greater desire than to continue to stick around and fight, bark, or whatever. Any way you look at it, the director of this scene really blew it. The viewers shouldn't have to create their own explanations.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:14 AM   #1559
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
The dogs were scared of Brienne.

I wouldn't blame them. Works for me!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:16 AM   #1560
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
This guy tackles this problem right near the start of this video, although I found the whole video questions and answers interesting.

I think he has a good explanation. We have to understand that the producers/writers are trying to squeeze a whole lot into a few short scenes, so they just don't have the time to show us everything. But I still think they should have handled the dogs scene better. How hard would it have been to show them running off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIFE7fThPaU