Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 06-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #11
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Yep, that is why I have saved searches for the statues that I want next so that I can keep an eye out for any sweet deals. Also, look around at local comic book stores (LCS) as they usually can have some older stuff still sitting there. That is where I started my collection, and then found out that the couple I had gotten were going for $200 more than what I got them for since he was selling them at normal price.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #12
tonytiger
The X-Men

Unhappy

Wow, looking around at e-bay and the prices on Bowen are almost as high as sideshow? I don't get it,why?They should cost less to make.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #13
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

They are less to make, but they are limited runs, and are not remade. So the value is set by the sellers and market as to how much they want them.

That is why I suggest always talking to the sellers to see if you can haggle. Just know how much they went for originally and how much you are willing to go above that and talk to them about it. It is not always guaranteed, but I have so far had a good run of not paying too much over starting price (but have also stayed away from the 1/4 communiques that seem to skyrocket in price.

Just wait them out and do not feel rushed. Stick to a budget and just wait.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #14
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
They are less to make, but they are limited runs, and are not remade. So the value is set by the sellers and market as to how much they want them.

That is why I suggest always talking to the sellers to see if you can haggle. Just know how much they went for originally and how much you are willing to go above that and talk to them about it. It is not always guaranteed, but I have so far had a good run of not paying too much over starting price (but have also stayed away from the 1/4 communiques that seem to skyrocket in price.

Just wait them out and do not feel rushed. Stick to a budget and just wait.
Easier said than done, but very good advice. Any statue you're looking for will go on sale from time to time. Wait for the right deal. It will happen.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #15
tonytiger
The X-Men

Cool

That's funny you bring this up,I had a second chance offer last night but the seller also listed it at the starting price again which I've Already had put a bid on it.Starting price was 99.00 dollars.My 2nd chance offer was 170.00 with shipping Mmm what to do? You guess it, I just left the bid stand and take my chances.Well its up to 110.00 and 30.00 shipping and 5 days to go.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #16
tonytiger
The X-Men

Update!

Well, that bid ended at 114.00! he arrive today in all is massive glory! THE ABOMINATION..he.he I won that round. But might have lost this one, paid for new in the box The spinning hammer Thor statue for 425.00 shipped,talk the seller down from 500.00. Well, one hour later another seller listed new in the box for 300.00 and free shipping! Yea, its a open e-bay auction and has 4 days to go...But no bids yet.. I could be crying
Old 06-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #17
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Well, that bid ended at 114.00! he arrive today in all is massive glory! THE ABOMINATION..he.he I won that round. But might have lost this one, paid for new in the box The spinning hammer hulk statue for 425.00 shipped,talk the seller down from 500.00. Well, one hour later another seller listed new in the box for 300.00 and free shipping! Yea, its a open e-bay auction and has 4 days to go...But no bids yet.. I could be crying
I'll bet it goes for more than $300.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:55 PM   #18
tonytiger
The X-Men

Has this happen to anybody else?I hate to say this, but I really want it to go for lot more..Then again, I also want somebody get a good deal too.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:18 PM   #19
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

a) Most people that really want it, will be bidding in the last few minutes/seconds.

b) Ebay is weird at times. Sometimes you will see a high price item sold for cheap. But this is not because the value has dropped, yet more of the timing of the auction and people miss it.

Not paying attention I have missed several pieces that are worth well more than they went for.

Also, if you feeling up to it, you can learn about repairing/fixing statues.
Eventually something will break.
With that, you can look for deals on damaged pieces.
What did I get a deal on for damage....(goes and looks at rack...ha)
...MumRa...Snake Eyes...Scorpion...Carnage....Grevious...Optimus&Megatron set...
In the example of Snake Eyes...exclusive also, got for 400 hun (including shipping), had to reglue a knife handle and fix his sack...
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #20
tonytiger
The X-Men

Update on Thor it sold for 385.00 So I paid 40 more, granted i would had bidden on it and it would have gone for more.So who's to say how much I lost out.Mine came today in mint condition. So I'm happy either way.