Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 03-30-2015, 12:28 PM   #81
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Steve Wang is working on the likeness. I don't think it will disappoint when its finally unveiled.

Remember no one gets it perfectly, not even Hot Toys. They've had a few amazing portraits and a few misses as well.

While I won't presume that Steve Wang will knock one out of the park, he won't embarrass himself either.

And this will be silicone with punched in hair which already gives the portrait a huge advantage in realism.

Personally, I have very high hopes for it.
only when done right, so far cm hasn't nailed any of its likeness' I've owed a few and likeness aside all have been let down by paint and the fact they have painted eyes which completely offsets any realism gained by using silicone. In fact the reaper is WAY ahead of any of the silicone pieces released so far in terms of realism and that's just plain resin.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #82
Atheris
The Maxx

I have no interest in their Ironman piece for a few personal reasons. Main one is that I just don't like this version of the armour. I think the pose is wonky and the base is overly large due to the pose.

And lastly.....I'm just tired of Ironman.

Hulk on the other hand I have dreams about.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:22 PM   #83
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchang View Post
Steve Wang is working on the likeness. I don't think it will disappoint when its finally unveiled.

Remember no one gets it perfectly, not even Hot Toys. They've had a few amazing portraits and a few misses as well.

While I won't presume that Steve Wang will knock one out of the park, he won't embarrass himself either.

And this will be silicone with punched in hair which already gives the portrait a huge advantage in realism.

Personally, I have very high hopes for it.
It's already been confirmed it won't have silicone or punched hair, it doesn't need it.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:25 PM   #84
Atheris
The Maxx

Shane at SC just told me its unlikely he will be able to get any of these Hulk's

Which is something I've never heard him say. I had to ask if he was joking, he replied saying he was serious. Didn't give me a reason. I'm guessing ECC feels they will be able to sell this piece fine all by themselves OR they will make it super limited and they won't have enough to go around.

Chris
Old 03-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #85
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
I have no interest in their Ironman piece for a few personal reasons. Main one is that I just don't like this version of the armour. I think the pose is wonky and the base is overly large due to the pose.

And lastly.....I'm just tired of Ironman.

Hulk on the other hand I have dreams about.

Chris
To be honest, I am a bit Iron Manned out myself. I have the SS IM Classic Comiquette EX in my collection and I think that will probably be it for me for Iron Man. I'll just display it with my XM Avengers pieces.

I think I am going to do my best to pick up Hulk and call it a day. It's a really fantastic piece. I love everything about it. Since I had to send my SS King Hulk back for a refund I need the definitive Hulk in my collection and I think this piece is it.

Quote:
Shane at SC just told me its unlikely he will be able to get any of these Hulk's

Which is something I've never heard him say. I had to ask if he was joking, he replied saying he was serious. Didn't give me a reason. I'm guessing ECC feels they will be able to sell this piece fine all by themselves OR they will make it super limited and they won't have enough to go around.

Chris
Just get it through Cinemaquette, Chris. Since they are North American distributor for ECC, I believe they will ship to Canada.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #86
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Just get it through Cinemaquette, Chris. I believe they ship to Cananda.
Oh for sure, if I have to drive down there in person to pick this up I will. I just like Shane since he will declare the value much lower than CM will into Canada. Also, kinda makes it harder for me to get two, not impossible, but harder.

Chris
Old 03-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #87
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

if this turns out to be order direct only I'm not even going to bother, the shipping plus imports costs to the uk would be insane. None of which being helped by the crappy exchange rate.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #88
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
if this turns out to be order direct only I'm not even going to bother, the shipping plus imports costs to the uk would be insane. None of which being helped by the crappy exchange rate.
Ya the exchange here in Canada is making this nuts as well. Lets assume they price this at $2500 that converts to $3200 Canadian...haven't even added shipping or duties yet. Will likely put it over the $4000 mark for me.

Chris
Old 03-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #89
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Oh for sure, if I have to drive down there in person to pick this up I will. I just like Shane since he will declare the value much lower than CM will into Canada. Also, kinda makes it harder for me to get two, not impossible, but harder.

Chris
That makes sense, Chris. Maybe Shane will end being able to sell the piece. It's still early in the process.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #90
azurepred
Zot

Quote:

Chris
I'm surprised they were able to get the MIB bust. They didn't get any of the other ECC pieces and never responded to any of my emails about them.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote