Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #411
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yeah, I hate people. They're the worst. Usually...

But I make an exception for Star Wars. Despite not liking TLJ, it's always been great to be in the theater for a couple hours, waiting for the premiere with so many Star Wars geeks. The cosplayers, trivia, etc. Everyone's just... nice, and want to see a good product.
+1 it really is.

Even nicer without the social stigma that was attached in years past.

I remember before TFA someone at a coffee shop wrote on a creamer pot something like "3 weeks 2 days till a new Star Wars movie". Had to take a picture of it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:30 AM   #412
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Absolutely. It would be nice to engage in some actual substantive discussion here.
My guess for the big conclusion.

The Emperor set all this up and plans to use either Rey or Ben as a vessel of sorts to occupy with his evil force ghost. He tries to do it to Rey, she rejects him with the help of ghost Luke and Leia, Ben isn't strong enough as he is alone and becomes Emperor/Ben. Emperor/Ben is so strong drawing power off a massive fleet so he is a Death Star and shoot force lightning beam wrecking the resistance fleet.

He has Rey beaten and says "This boy told you your parents were filthy junk traders, a lie, but an agreeable lie, because you knew the truth, I AM YOUR FATHER!" Rey reaches back in her mind and Ghost Luke and Ghost Leia are there to help her when Ghost Anakin shows up and says "You are the best of us, the light, the dark, you ascend past it, you are a Skywalker! Now, rise!"

Rey uses the force and defeats the Emperor causing his ghost to leave Ben on the floor dying. They have an emotional scene as Ben lives with regret and can sense "Grandfather...Mom?" in Rey as he dies. The Emperor was tethered to the fleet so it causes a chain reaction of ten thousand explosions rippling through and ending the empire.

Final scene, Rey walks along the desert of Tatoonie with BB-8. She buys a moisture farm and the guy asks "Why buy this old farm, been abandoned for so long?" She answers "It is my inheritance" and walks up a ridge gazing at dual setting sons on the horizon. Ghost Anakin, Luke, Leia, and Ben all flank her. Credits.

-----------

I could be completely wrong, no clue with these new movies.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:38 AM   #413
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Rey reaches back in her mind and Ghost Luke and Ghost Leia are there
I don't remember Leia dying.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #414
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't remember Leia dying.
This is based on idea she will die in the new movie (I mean, the actress is dead so I figured) probably in first twenty minutes of old age off screen and imply Rey had a bond with her over the time skip with her hugging Leia or something.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #415
Mister H
Gen 13

I predict this will be another movie that will divide fans instead of uniting them like the original trilogy.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #416
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I predict this will be another movie that will divide fans instead of uniting them like the original trilogy.
i think its impossible for it not to unfortunately
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:59 PM   #417
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Today's landscape, nope.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:05 PM   #418
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
that star ship has long since sailed away, if it's the greatest movie of all time people will still say it's the worst and if it's another steaming pile that was only made to piss off star wars fans it will still have it's defenders on the other side.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:02 PM   #419
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Like I said before, I enjoyed the last two films. I think they pushed the series to places only the EU had done before. I know some don't like it, but for me it's a step forward.

I'm with you, I'm at the theater, probably the Monday morning after opening weekend...I can't take movie crowds much anymore and have Mondays off so that's usually when I go.
I don't remember the EU having Leia flying through space like Superman or telling "can you hear me now" jokes.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:55 PM   #420
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Where is the big new weapon they have to destroy?