Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-27-2015, 03:47 PM   #101
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Would love a bat bike but I'd rather ...well let's just say I'm not a fan of Ann Hathaway...in anything. Don't know why..just not a fan at all.

Have u seen her culo? I thought that was the best part about the movie when she got on the bike.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #102
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I agree on the Tweeterhead 66 Catwoman. It looked more like Julie Newmar today than her youthful appearance in the show. As much as I liked how Grove attempted to capture the catsuit's look using texture instead of relying on the paint, I don't think they quite pulled it off the way I saw on the Batgirl prototype.
I couldn't possibly disagree more. The Newmar Catwoman is one of my favorite pieces from 2015. Just an absolutely beautiful piece. I love the overall design, the pose, and the overall look of her suit, especially from a normal viewing distance. It looks magnificant from a couple feet away.

Tweeterhead is making some really nice pieces as the Batgirl Maquette looks like its going to be just as amazing!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #103
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I couldn't possibly disagree more. The Newmar Catwoman is one of my favorite pieces from 2015. Just an absolutely beautiful piece. I love the overall design, the pose, and the overall look of her suit, especially from a normal viewing distance. It looks magnificant from a couple feet away.

Twetterhead is making some really nice pieces as Batgirl Maquette looks like its going to be just as amazing!
I agree it's beautiful. The pose is great and the piece screams elegance overall. I just don't think Tweeterhead quite nailed Newmar's likeness from the show the way they did with the upcoming Batgirl or Riddler. The Adam West was the same for me in the pictures I've seen of the face, although the body is accurate and the costume textures are incredible (the cape looks so light.)
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:08 PM   #104
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I agree it's beautiful. The pose is great and the piece screams elegance overall. I just don't think Tweeterhead quite nailed Newmar's likeness from the show the way they did with the upcoming Batgirl or Riddler. The Adam West was the same for me in the pictures I've seen of the face, although the body is accurate and the costume textures are incredible (the cape looks so light.)
I'm sorry, I completely disagree. Seeing the final piece in person, it looks spot on. Maybe we see different things in the actor/character.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:10 PM   #105
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I wasn't expecting this at all! What a pleasant surprise.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Tweeterhead statue, too. Now I feel like I have to wait and see what this one will look like before I decide anything.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #106
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
They have turned away from Hughes designs though. They even did that with Mara Jade.
Lucasfilm shot down the Mara Jade, I have the resin master in my office, hoping one day it can be made or turned into something else down the road.

Adam is awesome, he got really busy and his involvement in making these statues is imperative. We still talk about doing stuff together, so it's just a matter of time.

And Joe Menna did the digital sculpt for this, this being his first full sculpt for us, he killed it, it's in paint right now.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #107
Choopie
Birdman

Interested to see what this will look like. Am really hoping for Nicholson. This is on my maybe list, but I'll say this. If this comes in at $550 or $600, I'm out. Not paying that much for a PF.
Choopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #108
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Lucasfilm shot down the Mara Jade, I have the resin master in my office, hoping one day it can be made or turned into something else down the road.

Adam is awesome, he got really busy and his involvement in making these statues is imperative. We still talk about doing stuff together, so it's just a matter of time.

And Joe Menna did the digital sculpt for this, this being his first full sculpt for us, he killed it, it's in paint right now.
Please sell me the Mara Jade.....
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:08 PM   #109
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'm sorry, I completely disagree. Seeing the final piece in person, it looks spot on. Maybe we see different things in the actor/character.
Agreed. The likeness to Newmar is incredible. Again, easily one of my favorite pieces from 2015. Tweeterhead did a phenominal job on this piece.

And I am loving that Sideshow is releasing 3 versions of Catwoman in such a short period of time. I hope her base is similar to the modern and classic PF's. The 3 will go together very nicely!!
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:22 PM   #110
dechirico7
The Flash

Glad to see some got a good Tweeterhead Newmar catwoman. Mine wasn't acceptable. It had white wash over her eyes, so it looked like she was blind, a corner of the base was rubbed flat, the paint around her hair was a mess and some gold was rubbed off the base. I am hoping their MP Catwoman arrives nice. Otherwise back it goes after months of them ignoring my emails.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote