Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-22-2016, 08:27 PM   #111
Agoniste
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
Okay so you feel they are taking advantage of you, I do not.

I think it's a good route for them to take, you do not.

Neither of us will be donating to the game. I hope it works out for them.

Guess that's it.

That poll btw is from 2007 when it was 70% (which is not roughly 84%, 80% is roughly 84%) a more recent poll has it down 7% like I said earlier and going down more with each passing year.
Can you guys stop derailing this thread with statistics about religious people = stupid . It's not called a leap of faith for nothing, these "stupid" persons decided to believe without tangible proofs I won't restrain you from arguing but respecfully please stop with your ad hominem attacks about religious people being obviously stupid because of their religious beliefs.
Agoniste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:17 PM   #112
turner
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So back to this Court of the Dead video game.......
They updated with some concept art
turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:55 PM   #113
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

thanks for posting it
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:34 AM   #114
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
You and statuemonger must be trolling me because you guys are crazy lol.
Nope, not crazy at all. Just knowlegable on the topics at hand. The fact that you can't see what is so painfully obvious, even to those that aren't well versed with the business side of the gaming industry, just shows me that your the one trolling. Eiither that or you have absolutely zero knowlege on the topics at hand.

Quote:
"publishers are basically being replaced by funding sites"
Yes, they are. All one has to do is look at the sheer number of games that have come out of Kickstarter and the rate of increase we have seen in this regard. And Fig is lkely to make kickstarter look weak by comparisons. Once gamers learn that they can either fund games via Kickstarter and get a few collectibles in return or they can fund games via Fig and actually get a return on investment based on how well the game actually does....well, its pretty much common sense which direction gamers will go and if Fig winds up being successful, it could make the amounts we have seen donated on Kickstarter up to this point seem petty by comparison.

And from the developers standpoint, they will take crowdfunding over publishers every day of the week and twice on Sunday as going the crowdfunding route gives the developer FULL creative control over the game. And if you don't want to take my word for it try doing some actual research into the topic via that thing your using right now called the internet. There are literally TONS of articles out there that talk about the effect crowd funding is having on publishers. In case your too lazy to do any real research, I will quote one for you myself:

Game Developer Refuses Publishing Offer; Realizes It's Better To Stay Independent

Quote:
The world of video game publishing is being turned upside down. Much like other entertainment industries, more and more game developers are learning that publishers offer little additional value for the costs they come bundled with. This realization is following other recent events in which game developers, who could not find a publisher interested in their game, ended up crowdfunding and raising the needed money that way. The primary crowdfunding tipping point for video games was Double Fine and its adventure game. That was followed by a number of other successes such as inXile's Wasteland 2 project.
That was just a small portion of the article. You can read the rest of it here:

https://www.techdirt.com/blog/casest...ependent.shtml

And you can find TONS of other articles that discuss the same topic, that crowdfunding is becoming a bigger and bigger threat to traditional game publishers.. And again, with Fig now being added to the mix....well, its only going to siphon even more money and business away from traditional publishers. If Fig winds up being successful, it could literally put the final nail in the publisher coffin. This is really as common sense as common sense gets in the world of gaming business so the fact that your having such a hard time getting a grasp on it is rather mind boggling. The only thing I can surmise is that your the one trolling or you just have a lousy understanding of business in general. especially the wolrd of gaming business.

Quote:
"simple basic common knowledge" that major publishers would just fund something because it is a cult hit when a new IP that sold 10 times more was considered a flop by their own standards. Which btw is amazing for sales for a new IP.
Honestly, I have absolutely no clue what your even talking about here. Yes, it is basic common sense that the big publishers would want to fund one of the most anticipated sequels currently in production. And comparing sales of one game to the sales of another game when the two have absolutely nothing in common makes absolutely zero sense.

Quote:
It's cool you know so much inside info though about three completely different companies bro.
Thanks! I appreciate the compliment, although calling it inside information is just completely inaccurate. Each and every point I have made is open information and readily available for anyone that had any interest on reaeseaching said topics. I have a decent amount of money invested in gaming companies so keeping up with current gaming news and the various trends in the gaming market is something I do on a regular basis. Of course, that really has very little to do with anything I have discussed since most of what I have stated really is nothing more than basic common sense when it comes to business in the world of gaming.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #115
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Honestly, I have absolutely no clue what your even talking about here. Yes, it is basic common sense that the big publishers would want to fund one of the most anticipated sequels currently in production. And comparing sales of one game to the sales of another game when the two have absolutely nothing in common makes absolutely zero sense.
You go from thread to thread just fighting with people all day don't you?

You literally directly compared mirrors edge to psychonauts and are now saying my post makes no sense for comparing sales of games when they have nothing in common. Exactly what I had already said..

I can't even count the amount of posts of yours I've now read saying one thing then replying to people saying that what they read is not what you said and they are stupid for believing so or need to learn to read or get there facts straight.

You might have Alzheimer's.

If you'd like please read what I've said already. I feel they are not taking advantage of their customers for using kickstarter and hope the game gets made because I would like to play it. I find the court of the dead world they have built interesting. I understand the risks of funding something through a crowd fund and have had both good and bad experiences. The things I have funded have been from both large companies and single individual's.

The end.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #116
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
thanks for posting it
Here ya go my man!

Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 02:03 PM   #117
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

thanks
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:53 AM   #118
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:

You literally directly compared mirrors edge to psychonauts and are now saying my post makes no sense for comparing sales of games when they have nothing in common. Exactly what I had already said..

I can't even count the amount of posts of yours I've now read saying one thing then replying to people saying that what they read is not what you said and they are stupid for believing so or need to learn to read or get there facts straight.

If you'd like please read what I've said already. I feel they are not taking advantage of their customers for using kickstarter and hope the game gets made because I would like to play it. I find the court of the dead world they have built interesting. I understand the risks of funding something through a crowd fund and have had both good and bad experiences. The things I have funded have been from both large companies and single individual's.

The end.
From a real perspective it is funny, no one but orange and I have challenged you but of course two people tell you that you are wrong and of course it is the two of us that are mistaken, not you. LOL!!
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:55 AM   #119
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:

The end.
I would bet that if twenty, forty or even several thousand people told you that you were mistaken you would say otherwise no matter how much evidence they produced.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:07 AM   #120
patrickm3849
Justice League

Kickstarter program has started:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...erworld-rising

Someone here who will support SS?
patrickm3849 is offline   Reply With Quote