Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-12-2006, 06:23 PM   #1
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Question Whats the latest on the Scarlet Witch by Adam Hughes

James i deleted that PM that you sent. Whats the latest on this? And any idea which character will be next?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

She-Hulk will probably be next or #4. That's the one that Hughes had complted in his sketchbook at the cons. She-hulk is standing with her shirt pretty much ripped open and some boobies sticking out. She is in the middle of a bunch of firefighters, policeman, and other people. It looks like she is coming through them with a hand on one of the men's shoulders trying to get through with a concerned look on her face. I don't think this one has a very big spotlight on her, to much supporting cast on the piece.

As far as the Scarlet Witch goes, I though it was you who bought the original for $10k money bags.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:05 AM   #3
HFA
U talkin' to me?

I had originally thought the release date was in MARCH, but it is actually in MAY.

I haven't heard what's next, but surely Upper Deck won't be doing a She Hulk if "boobies" are showing!

I had made the suggestion that he do a multi-chick piece, with Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, etc all in one piece. Who knows if they'll listen. I have seen nothing about any new releases at this point from Hughes.
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:33 AM   #4
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Well it's not all of her boobies but there is cleevage. Plus his wife said it was going to be a litho/Giclee so we will see.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 06:41 AM   #5
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
She-Hulk will probably be next or #4. That's the one that Hughes had complted in his sketchbook at the cons. She-hulk is standing with her shirt pretty much ripped open and some boobies sticking out. She is in the middle of a bunch of firefighters, policeman, and other people. It looks like she is coming through them with a hand on one of the men's shoulders trying to get through with a concerned look on her face. I don't think this one has a very big spotlight on her, to much supporting cast on the piece.

As far as the Scarlet Witch goes, I though it was you who bought the original for $10k money bags.
if i had your money I'd burn my own.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:42 AM   #6
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFA
I had originally thought the release date was in MARCH, but it is actually in MAY.

I haven't heard what's next, but surely Upper Deck won't be doing a She Hulk if "boobies" are showing!

I had made the suggestion that he do a multi-chick piece, with Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman, etc all in one piece. Who knows if they'll listen. I have seen nothing about any new releases at this point from Hughes.
I'd like to see his Spider-woman as the Ross one was a disappointment for me.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #7
HFA
U talkin' to me?

The new canvas is actually rather striking in person.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Its a pity they didn't leave Spider-man out. They look strange in that position.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #9
HFA
U talkin' to me?

Its not so bad...there is enough perspective in the piece, where Spider-man is obviously well behind Spider-Woman. The swirling background is quite nice as well. I know he had done similar backgrounds before, but I like the bluish color as opposed to the purple-ish color he used on the Teen Titans plate, the "Shooting up the Mainstream" poster, etc...