Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looking for price on Wolverine and X-Men print...

I have had a Jim Lee Wolverine print(?) not sure, for a few years now. Ive been trying to find a price for it but have not found it on ebay or google.

I am posting a picture of it but its not of the one I have..the one I have is NOT from DF and it does not have Wolverine printed on the bottom. This is signed by Jim Lee and it is #32/300. The year on the side of it is 1997.

I have another one that is of the X-Men done by Joe Q that is signed and #39/300. This has a date of 1998 on it.If anyone has any info on that Id appreciate it as well...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	24607  
ABDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:20 AM   #2
HFA
U talkin' to me?

You would probably find BOTH on my site...I have them at slightly higher prices if I still have them in stock. They are Iris Prints and were produced by Wildstorm (Jim Lee) in the late 90s. I bought the remaining inventory that Jim had about 2 years ago.
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:16 AM   #3
Logan
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABDGUY
I have had a Jim Lee Wolverine print(?) not sure, for a few years now. Ive been trying to find a price for it but have not found it on ebay or google.

I am posting a picture of it but its not of the one I have..the one I have is NOT from DF and it does not have Wolverine printed on the bottom. This is signed by Jim Lee and it is #32/300. The year on the side of it is 1997.

I have another one that is of the X-Men done by Joe Q that is signed and #39/300. This has a date of 1998 on it.If anyone has any info on that Id appreciate it as well...
Is this it?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #4
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Is this it?

It is but it isnt...like the Jim Lee Wolverine one it does not have the DF logo on it and it doesnt say X-men on the bottom.

I believe it is the Iris print that HFA mentioned in the previous post.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
ABDGUY

Thanks HFA..I checked your site and those are indeed the iris prints I have displayed.

So if I read your description correctly they finished producing all 300 of either one?
Old 04-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #6
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Is this it?
That is nice. So James has this in stock?
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
HFA
U talkin' to me?

I think they ended up doing less than 200 of each of the pieces you mentioned. When I bought out the inventory, there were very few of these Iris Prints that were even numbered up to 200. They printed them to order (very much like giclees) and sold all the low numbers first (this is what Jim Lee told me).

They made about 20 different images...some classic Marvel covers, and some newer covers by the "hot" artists of the time (Jim Lee, Quesada, Mignola, Charest, etc). I'm still looking for a couple of them, as Jim didn't have ALL the images in inventory...several had sold out. There were also quite a few that I only got a small number of. There were only about 10 of the Wolverine by Jim Lee, for instance. I got Jim to do little head sketches on them, and they all sold FAST (as you can imagine).
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:59 PM   #8
ABDGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
That is nice. So James has this in stock?

He has the iris print version in stock...which is the version I have and is much nicer IMHO
Old 04-15-2006, 12:59 PM   #9
ABDGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFA
I think they ended up doing less than 200 of each of the pieces you mentioned. When I bought out the inventory, there were very few of these Iris Prints that were even numbered up to 200. They printed them to order (very much like giclees) and sold all the low numbers first (this is what Jim Lee told me).

They made about 20 different images...some classic Marvel covers, and some newer covers by the "hot" artists of the time (Jim Lee, Quesada, Mignola, Charest, etc). I'm still looking for a couple of them, as Jim didn't have ALL the images in inventory...several had sold out. There were also quite a few that I only got a small number of. There were only about 10 of the Wolverine by Jim Lee, for instance. I got Jim to do little head sketches on them, and they all sold FAST (as you can imagine).

Thanks for the background info....