Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 06-14-2007, 02:44 AM   #131
IMJ
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I'm glad some of you guys like these. I have been collecting ML's for the past 4 years and basically had almost all of them at one point or another. IMO, however, Hasbro is putting out an inferior product now compared to what ToyBiz did. Less articulation, colored plastic instead of actual paint, smaller sizes, etc, etc. That's why I'm bascially selling off my whole collection right now...I'd rather put my money towards well-done statues than half-a$$ed figures, lol.
This is exactly my situation with these. I had a complete set Wave 1 through maybe the second to last Toy Biz Wave and then I just quite and got rid of most of them. I think I have about 20 stragglers left to sell.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #132
X-Fan
Frackin!

Has anyone seen Thor in stores, if someone could pick one up for me my Blob would be very happy.
X-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #133
rychehitman
Galactus

do you just need the BLOB head X-Fan?
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:20 PM   #134
X-Fan
Frackin!

So far I have Quicksilver, She-Hulk, and Xorn, so I need the head, right arm, lower torso, hands, and right leg. But my biggest concern is getting Thor with the head.
X-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 PM   #135
Krypton Knight
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Fantastic Four wave found

Found these at two different Wal-Marts today. A full set at each store so there doesn't look to be any shortpacked figures. Here's my breakdown.

Mr. Fantastic - Nice sculpt. I like the elongated shaping for his figure and the bendy arms.
Invisible Woman - She's alright, nothing special. It's a shame that Hasbro can't produce a decent female figure.
Human Torch - The picture on the back of the packaging has Johnny with a different (and better) headsculpt than the one he actually has. His head reminds me of some character out of Dragonball Z or Street Fighter.
The Thing - I like this one very much. it's a great comic representaion of Ben. My only complaint it that this figure needs a good paint wash to highlight him better. A great figure otherwise.
Namor - Now we get Namor in classic green scale trunks. Nice effort but he looks like he's been using "tan in a tube", he's kinda orangey in his highlights.
Dr. Doom - Again, another great figure but he needs better highlighting on the armor. His hood/cape is removable as well as his facemask reavealing a smug looking Victor underneath. The gun can also be holstered.
Mole Man - This is IMO the best of the bunch. Great detail in the sculpting of this one. His hands and face have bumps and warts and crinkles that make him one ugly mutha.....
Silver Surfer - I think this one is essentially a redo of the ToyBiz version but with a great silvery paint app. The sufboard is one piece and is long and narrow.
BAF Ronan The Accuser - A very nice addition to the BAF line. Great paint apps and a removable helmet too.

Here a few quick pics I took.

Krypton Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #136
Krypton Knight

Old 10-04-2007, 10:06 PM   #137
Krypton Knight

Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #138
Krypton Knight

Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 AM   #139
rychehitman
Galactus

GREAT FF pics! Thanks for posting those! I have not seen the FF sereis out here in Ohio as of yet...

Has anyone purchased the BLACK QUEEN EXCLUSIVE? I was wondering what she might look like in person?!?

Does anyone HAVE EXTRA BLOB parts, or NEED EXTRA BLOB parts???
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 AM   #140
Hulk5150
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
GREAT FF pics! Thanks for posting those! I have not seen the FF sereis out here in Ohio as of yet...

Has anyone purchased the BLACK QUEEN EXCLUSIVE? I was wondering what she might look like in person?!?

Does anyone HAVE EXTRA BLOB parts, or NEED EXTRA BLOB parts???
I'm in Ohio, too, and haven't seen the FF series, yet.

I do have the blob's chest that I don't need.
Hulk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote