Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-30-2018, 12:46 PM   #71
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Hope that the new trilogy fans enjoy episode IX. I’m sitting the last movie out though. All the stuff you have listed is fine and everything, but if it is really them trying to win some fans back, it’s a day late and a dollar short. Just IMO.
if episode 9 is amazing and everything the fans want to see, it still wont save the new trilogy as a whole, but at this point after how bad TFA and TLF were, all I want is a good movie with interesting characters and story...if episode 9 delivers on that then at least one chapter from this new horrid trilogy will be worth watching more than once and at this point that is as good as it can get
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #72
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Interesting perspective and predictions.

http://filmthreat.com/news/star-wars...eat-originals/

I'm not a fan of TLJ but this makes me pause.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:33 PM   #73
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
http://filmthreat.com/news/star-wars...eat-originals/

I'm not a fan of TLJ but this makes me pause.
I’d be okay with that but I don’t think it’s gonna happen. For one it’s a little too convenient and clean. Secondly the proposed Solo Trilogy has to be dead now seeing as it’s the only entry in the franchise to lose money at the box office. All of the proposed stand alone films including any Solo follow up have been scrapped or put on hold as a result. So I’m not so sure they’re going to want to hitch the Ep IX wagon to that vehicle. We’ll see.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:35 PM   #74
built2shred
Phoenix

The time line doesn't add up though, Rey would be in her 40's if she was Solo's daughter (assuming she was conceived during the Solo movie)…

I'm not sure if they gave Rey an age in the movie but I would guess she was 19-21 years old... so that would mean Han cheated on Leia after they got married.. Given TFA didn't say how long Leia and Han had been divorced It's a stretch to assume Rey is the daughter of Han. Given Rey is maybe 4-5 years younger then Kylo Ren they would of had to separate when Kylo was like 5 years old, it didn't seem that way in the movie, seems to me they were together until Kylo went dark side and that's about the time Han and Leia broke up... That's my guess..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #75
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Tried watching the clip and just had to turn it off when it showed some of Ep 8, can’t stomach any of that trash again.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:56 PM   #76
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The time line doesn't add up though, Rey would be in her 40's if she was Solo's daughter (assuming she was conceived during the Solo movie)…

I'm not sure if they gave Rey an age in the movie but I would guess she was 19-21 years old... so that would mean Han cheated on Leia after they got married.. Given TFA didn't say how long Leia and Han had been divorced It's a stretch to assume Rey is the daughter of Han. Given Rey is maybe 4-5 years younger then Kylo Ren they would of had to separate when Kylo was like 5 years old, it didn't seem that way in the movie, seems to me they were together until Kylo went dark side and that's about the time Han and Leia broke up... That's my guess..
That is what the author(s) of the prediction would have you believe.

If this were Game of Thrones I would buy it.
This idea would make Han Solo an utter piece of garbage and no way I see George Lucas or Disney trotting this kind of trash in front of a worldwide family audience and expecting favorable results.

For sure I think Rey and Ren will somehow be related, likely siblings. I'd always wondered if Kylo could have been adopted.

The ideas for the rest of the cast are really bad. Both the author and announcer of this forecast are trying way way too hard.

But yeah if they went this way I'd start/sign a petition myself to raise money to give all of Star Wars back to George Lucas and have all these movies erased.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 04:14 AM   #77
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Jar jar is the father of Rey and Rose is the clone of Rey's mother. :P
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:12 AM   #78
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Rose...the worst character ever. Still shocked Disney made that movie. At least Hamill tried to warn them how bad it was.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #79
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Rose...the worst character ever. Still shocked Disney made that movie. At least Hamill tried to warn them how bad it was.
I doubt anyone would argue that Star Wars needed a few more female characters but part of that was fixed with Rey, but with TLJ they went feminist overload, the whole movie was about a bunch of dumb men who needed the female characters to run the show.

You had Rey having to deal with a EMO Kylo Ren and a crybaby Luke who was feeling sorry for himself the whole movie. Then you had Finn stumbling over himself the whole time and needing Rose to save him from all his bad decisions. You had Leia and Holdo having to put up with Poe acting like a 5 year old... Did you notice all the people having to sacrifice themselves in the fights were women...

I have no problem making women look stronger in the movie, just write it in better, don't make it look so forcefully obvious with bad writing and dialogue. And making men look stupid in order to make women look stronger is just lazy writing...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 02:21 PM   #80
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I really don't know how they are going to wrap this trilogy up in episode 9. At this point, I will be happy to see it come to an end.