Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-14-2018, 07:24 PM   #1571
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Tried A. didn't work, I hope for B but more people like the face than don't, so its pretty much finalized.
This face can be easily tweaked, clean, soften up, made look younger by some of the best custom fans in the industry. Let’s hope someone will make her look like a 10! That’s why we pay so much for these now. At these prices these needs to be good the first time. Maybe it’s the ss art director that needs to be spoken with about what fans are saying on the portraits lately.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:55 AM   #1572
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I like the face, but I am excited to see what some custom painters can do with this portrait. I wouldn't mind having 2 custom painted portraits for my rogues.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #1573
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So we have a metal rod going into the body. Does this rod also go all the way thru the base? Because that is also a potential point of warping. I mean, I am assuming it does...but...well...
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #1574
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So we have a metal rod going into the body. Does this rod also go all the way thru the base? Because that is also a potential point of warping. I mean, I am assuming it does...but...well...
These are the pics from the Instagram photos behind the scenes. Dont think the pictures were ever actually posted here, just the Instagram link. these are the best photos we have of the metal bar going into the base and being attached to the hand

Old 08-15-2018, 12:07 PM   #1575
Y3E
Gen 13

I'm more curious to see how far the rod in the arm goes into the body.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #1576
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I think I got my answer as to how far the metal rod goes into the base from pictures 2 and 3. It seems like it should hold, but I'm not going to be a guinea pig.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #1577
Shaughn54

looking at this closer it actually looks like her hand keys into a hole in the metal rod that is inserted into the base. In picture 4 the key comes right out from her hand but in pic 2 it is flush with the beam. looks like that is where the detach will be and she wont come attached to the base. That explains how you would be able to get the jacket on and off. left arm would probably be detachable as well to get the jacket on and off.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:45 PM   #1578
savage.CAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I'm more curious to see how far the rod in the arm goes into the body.
Yeah. Honestly, the base rod needs to go all the way to base. And the arm rod should continue all the way down to waist like Amazing Spider-Man PF
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:21 PM   #1579
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
This face can be easily tweaked, clean, soften up, made look younger by some of the best custom fans in the industry. Let’s hope someone will make her look like a 10! That’s why we pay so much for these now. At these prices these needs to be good the first time. Maybe it’s the ss art director that needs to be spoken with about what fans are saying on the portraits lately.
Yeah i'm sure it could be but no way i'm spending nearly 800$ then extra to have the portraits softened by a customizer, sucks its my favorite x woman but it is what it is.

Who knows though, considering that production most of the time differs from proto, it may work in our favor and make the portrait softer.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #1580
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Yeah i'm sure it could be but no way i'm spending nearly 800$ then extra to have the portraits softened by a customizer, sucks its my favorite x woman but it is what it is.

Who knows though, considering that production most of the time differs from proto, it may work in our favor and make the portrait softer.
Quite possible. The factories never do the eyeshadow as dark as the prototypes, ever. So, that might work in your favor.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote