Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Erick Sosa

Old 11-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #1
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Z brush fun!

Hi guys ,
Just playing with it, having fun, feels like drawing, but much cooler.

ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
AYsculpture
Sculptor
Sculptor

great!!! can definitely see u are having fun! keep it up man!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Erik, do you mind me asking how you went about learning to do that in ZBrush, did you start with tutorials and just have at it?
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
Lostang04
Kindly Asked To Leave

That would make an awesome Juggernaut, hint hint!
Lostang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Still has your style, though.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I was thinking the exact same thing Danny! In fact when I looked at the picture I thought Erick had already started working on the Juggernaut...

I hope you will one day be able to honour the wishes of Juggernaut fans from all over the world by releasing a Juggernaut statue Erick.
that would truly be the bomb!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostang04 View Post
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #7
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYsculpture View Post
great!!! can definitely see u are having fun! keep it up man!
Thanks man, I willl not give up my day job
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Erik, do you mind me asking how you went about learning to do that in ZBrush, did you start with tutorials and just have at it?
I bought some dvd's then a friend sent me some as well, and I am taking an online class ( basic/intro to zbrush)
http://zbrushworkshops.com/
Classes are cool, and I get to ask tons of questions, it is like going back to school, only everything happens only and at home 3 hour classes once week for 5 weeks, either morning or night class, the teacher is amazing, and very patient, he is also a traditional sculptor, so he knows how to help you better.

I suggest you try it out, I think Pixelogic let's you download the software for free, like a trial.
I am hooked! I have been telling myself I need to practice drawing, now I have an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostang04 View Post
Actually...uh... I am not allowed to say but... just wait a bit I promise, NY Toyfair is almost around the corner man....
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhaha69 View Post
Still has your style, though.
It does, only thing is once I finish a model, I will go over the surface without the symmetry option and change things as to get rid of that perfectly mirrored look to every muscle, facial detail etc. asymmetry makes things look natural... only drawback is printing cost. but ownage.com has the best prices in the industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing Danny! In fact when I looked at the picture I thought Erick had already started working on the Juggernaut...

I hope you will one day be able to honour the wishes of Juggernaut fans from all over the world by releasing a Juggernaut statue Erick.
that would truly be the bomb!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!
Soon... soon!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #8
animato
Frackin!

Great start man...

Its really cool you are starting to get your fingers into Zbrush, it will alow you to model some concepts soo fast and in 3D. which any skecth cant beat ..

For my it was totaly opposite ..I started with 3D and zbrush but i totaly missed some reaall work ..so i get my hands on reall sculpting and have to say if you are using both of them you really get best out of it

Keep em comin Zkulptor ...am fan of you work, would love to see some random z-sketches comin out of you.

Martin
animato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #9
Hulk5150
Death is hereditary.

Totally awesome! LOVE IT!

And...um...*if*...there ever is a Juggernaut piece, please don't make him bigger than the Hulk!
According to Marvel, he's 6' 10" and 900 pounds.
Hulk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #10
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by animato View Post
Great start man...

Its really cool you are starting to get your fingers into Zbrush, it will alow you to model some concepts soo fast and in 3D. which any skecth cant beat ..

For my it was totaly opposite ..I started with 3D and zbrush but i totaly missed some reaall work ..so i get my hands on reall sculpting and have to say if you are using both of them you really get best out of it

Keep em comin Zkulptor ...am fan of you work, would love to see some random z-sketches comin out of you.

Martin
Thanks Martin, you are right discovered that this thing is addictive....and most of all you CAN make it look like it was hand made....plus tweaking it inwax once it gets printed will help tons,...
as a matter of fact I think my style shows through better in this medium.... gotta see a Hi Res print out of one of my ZB sculpts before I can see how far I can take it.. then I again I still know nothing about the software and need to learn tons... I already got some offers from some companies that may need my services doing conceptual stuff for the videogame industry..... this is opening new doors to me... I kinda like it......
Here's more samples....