Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #1001
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's amazing people are still defending TLJ.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #1002
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
It's amazing people are still defending TLJ.
Nah, what's amazing is that the people who claim to loath something can't simply go find something they actually do enjoy and go talk about that. For some reason they instead need to check in on these threads and see if anyone else is either A) having a positive discussion and therefore must remind others of how "awful" the film truly was or B) reinforcing their own negative view of the film and will somehow feel vindicated.

So what's it going to be for you? You want to regurgitate some criticism of the film with a blanket statement and see if anyone else agrees? Or are you feeling vindicated since others are still expressing their displeasure for the movie you've already deemed was "garbage"? My money is on the latter. Come back in another month for your routine dose of justification. I'm sure someone else will chime on how Disney ruined their childhood before then.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:36 PM   #1003
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Ok, I'll bite. Care to elaborate?
Quote:
Nah, what's amazing is that the people who claim to loath something can't simply go find something they actually do enjoy and go talk about that. For some reason they instead need to check in on these threads and see if anyone else is either A) having a positive discussion and therefore must remind others of how "awful" the film truly was or B) reinforcing their own negative view of the film and will somehow feel vindicated.

So what's it going to be for you? You want to regurgitate some criticism of the film with a blanket statement and see if anyone else agrees? Or are you feeling vindicated since others are still expressing their displeasure for the movie you've already deemed was "garbage"? My money is on the latter. Come back in another month for your routine dose of justification. I'm sure someone else will chime on how Disney ruined their childhood before then.
So on one hand you chide the guy for wanting to continue to criticize TLJ but on another post you want Galactus to elaborate?
Old 05-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #1004
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
So on one hand you chide the guy for wanting to continue to criticize TLJ but on another post you want Galactus to elaborate?
Nope. He came in with a blanket negative statement that didn't contribute to a discussion. Not the first time he has done so. Galactus suggests something I said can be applied to the current films but doesn't elaborate. Since I am curious about what he might be suggesting I asked if he could elaborate. Big difference.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:59 PM   #1005
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

You seem really invested in defending this travesty. It's like you just can't handle someone having a different opinion than you.

I do like to check in on this thread and try to figure out how anyone can find anything good to say about TLJ. I'm always disappointed.

Lol
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:01 PM   #1006
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nope. He came in with a blanket negative statement that didn't contribute to a discussion. Not the first time he has done so. Galactus suggests something I said can be applied to the current films but doesn't elaborate. Since I am curious about what he might be suggesting I asked if he could elaborate. Big difference.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #1007
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
You seem really invested in defending this travesty. It's like you just can't handle someone having a different opinion than you.

I do like to check in on this thread and try to figure out how anyone can find anything good to say about TLJ. I'm always disappointed.

Lol
Old 05-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #1008
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
What part of what I said don't you agree with? Or is it just me personally you don't agree with?
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 PM   #1009
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

love this movie or hate this movie I think one thing about it is undeniable, and this thread is evidence of that, it has torn the SW fan base apart
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:59 PM   #1010
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
love this movie or hate this movie I think one thing about it is undeniable, and this thread is evidence of that, it has torn the SW fan base apart
My theory is that there has always been a bigger divide among fans than most realized. This was just the film that revealed that divide.