Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-17-2019, 12:23 AM   #71
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
For a fair comparison you can't add shipping costs to one statue and not the other. The fact is XM Harley is only $55 more then TH Harley with bud & lou… (If you buy it through XM and are a member, after you buy 3 statues you automatically become a member)… I'm sure people who buy TH statues from the other side of the pond are paying a premium in shipping also..

Shipping costs are going to vary based on where you live... The only reason I called you out was because your were implying that XM was greedy, when the fact is they can't control the shipping costs.

Whether or not the statue is worth the price + shipping is up to each person but I don't think you can call out a company for something they really don't have control over.
Wasn’t adding or including shipping, only comparing listed prices, not sure why your going on and on about shipping. And only 55$ more is a circumstance (only for those who’ve bought 3 or more statues from xm) a benefit most u.s buyers likely won’t have. And if you really believe xm aren’t or wouldn’t try to maximize profit then i have a bridge to sell you.

None of these companies are so noble to be exempt from wanting xtra my good man, its just business.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:57 AM   #72
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Wasn’t adding or including shipping, only comparing listed prices, not sure why your going on and on about shipping. And only 55$ more is a circumstance (only for those who’ve bought 3 or more statues from xm) a benefit most u.s buyers likely won’t have. And if you really believe xm aren’t or wouldn’t try to maximize profit then i have a bridge to sell you.

None of these companies are so noble to be exempt from wanting xtra my good man, its just business.

If your going to get into this line buying 3 statues from XM is nothing given how many they're probably going to make. Gives you nice savings (save up to $100 on Harley alone) plus if you do have something wrong with your statue you get to deal with XM Directly.

As far as comparing the two Harley's, XM's is far more detailed then TH's... As for the portraits, TH's is not perfect, their Harley looks like she has bad fitting dentures on... There is no bottom teeth and you can just barely see the top teeth even though her mouth is wide open... Plus there is also the possibility of leaning that some people have already reported.. It's probably why you can find TH's Harley fairly cheap along with her pups..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:08 AM   #73
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
When you show me a Harley PF with Bud and Lou and a very detailed base for less then $650 then I'll agree with you...

People just see 1/6 and they think can´t cost much. But look alone at XM Harley Quinns base! I mean if you take the cost for concept, sculpt, print, painting, producing, artist, factory........ you could produce 3x normal 1/6 statues just from the cost of this one Harley Quinn base.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:56 AM   #74
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post

People just see 1/6 and they think can´t cost much. But look alone at XM Harley Quinns base! I mean if you take the cost for concept, sculpt, print, painting, producing, artist, factory........ you could produce 3x normal 1/6 statues just from the cost of this one Harley Quinn base.
I completely agree. So much work on Bud and Lou and the base. All work deserves pay
Ukshaun made a relevant comparison with the SS Jean... Yes, it's 1/4, and what? Near 600 $ for a very simplistic sculpt and an nearly unexistant base.

My only concern is about the portrait. As Crimsin and Generalzod mentioned it, there are too many things trying to happen at the same time on this face.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:49 AM   #75
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
If your going to get into this line buying 3 statues from XM is nothing given how many they're probably going to make. Gives you nice savings (save up to $100 on Harley alone) plus if you do have something wrong with your statue you get to deal with XM Directly.

As far as comparing the two Harley's, XM's is far more detailed then TH's... As for the portraits, TH's is not perfect, their Harley looks like she has bad fitting dentures on... There is no bottom teeth and you can just barely see the top teeth even though her mouth is wide open... Plus there is also the possibility of leaning that some people have already reported.. It's probably why you can find TH's Harley fairly cheap along with her pups..
Fair enough. However i will disagree about TH harley having no bottom teeth, i see bottom teeth.

And its funny that you should mention the lack of bottom teeth as thats precisely one of the things wrong with xm’s portrait (no bottom teeth) but you didn’t mention that about xm’s portrait. And the way her tongue is partially hanging out of her mouth is unusual, given her expression her tongue should be more so in her mouth like TH harley.

Old 09-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #76
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post

Also I see no issue with 1/6 Lobo’s price given the size and detail.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:53 AM   #77
Foxgod
Justice League

XM Harley for the win, best Harley ever made imho.
This will be my second XM statue, my first one i am still waiting for (Mystique).
Foxgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:11 AM   #78
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgod View Post
XM Harley for the win, best Harley ever made imho.
This will be my second XM statue, my first one i am still waiting for (Mystique).
Not a huge fan of either but if i had to choose between TH harley with bud and lou or XM i'd go with TH. I like TH body sculpt and portrait more.

Best harley ever made imo is P1
Old 09-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #79
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The eyes look terrible in this pic.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #80
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Some of you guys really need a hobby or girlfriend.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote