Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
built2shred
Phoenix

Selling Used Toy Figures

I'm thinking about selling off my figures that I have, I was wondering if it's best to do an auction starting at $1 or is better to start the bottom price at the min. your willing to accept and see what happens from there.

Or is best just to do the Buy It Now feature?

I've bought lots of stuff from Ebay but this will be the first time selling stuff there.

Any feedback appreciated... Thanks

Last edited by d rod; 11-19-2013 at 02:59 AM.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #2
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Mod Note: advice has been asked for. No asking OP what he/she has for sale. There is a BST section for that.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
chad mcneely
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I try to start at the lowest I would take for the individual item on anything. Hot Toys are indeed popular but it all depends on which character. Some of the older ones are crazy expensive and some are just dead in the water. Just about anything iron man is good times, Much of the marvel stuff, Blade, Ghost Rider, 1st run Wolverine still bring in the decent and sometimes crazy money. Jor El is a price elder DC figure. I don't think you would do badly just starting them out at a buck, but you run into the possible thing of posting at a bad time and a pricey thing selling low. I would advise against this weekend ahead as many would be out for Thanksgiving, Try aiming for evening auction endings. if your on the east coast maybe 8 or 9 so west coast buyers can see. Also I find weekend enders are good for better money on your side. If possible give the most accurate shipping cost. have the boxed item weighed and add a pound or so for shipping weight.
Best advise also is to troll the completed auctions with which ones you do have to get a good idea of what they run for before setting anything in stone. Much luck on the auctions and also if you decide to list them here. Hope some of this helped
chad mcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
built2shred
Phoenix

Thanks for the info, ill defiantly use your tips..

The other thing I was worried about is that I don't have a sellers rating so I'm sure that will make some people shy about bidding... So I'll probably do what you mentioned and start the bidding at the lowest price I'm willing to accept and see what happens.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

eBay is a strange place to sell these days. It really wants to be a store not an auction site with all the buyer guarantees. What I do is price items at the lowest I'm willing to sell unless I know other people are selling similar or the same item. Then you can risk starting low and giving people the ability to bid.

Now with Hot Toys, when I've purchased from eBay I always look for the ability to bid just because I might be able to get it cheaper than the buy it now listings. But sometimes that's not always the case. Some buy it now auctions take offers as well. So it's really a matter of the figure that you are selling. Many finished Hot Toys auctions these days have offer accepted on them.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #6
SONICobra
Batman

whatever you do - don't use buy it now. either one of two things will happen, youll scare off potential buyers from a high price or youll short change yourself with too low of a price

look to see what the item is going for currently, if its going for higher than retail start the bidding at what you paid for it, if its going for lower start it around that price

ive sold several hot toys pieces and this is what ive done each time with great success - good luck, selling is easy
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #7
built2shred
Phoenix

Not sure why the title was changed of my post (shrug)..

Anyways what's the best way to figure out what your shipping costs are?
Old 11-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I am assuming you are in the US. I just look at the item I am selling and guesstimate how much it weighs and if it will fit in a shipping container that is less than 12" on any one side (USPS rules for when they start to add additional cost). When you put the auction up, it will ask you for the weight and select to use the buyers location to determine the shipping cost.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote