HusTrucK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #2
ratchet
Mandarin

Wow - that's terrible. So sorry!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If you're in NY you should just deal with Midtown. I would not have even gone as far as you did with that guy. I would have just walked out and told the credit card company I got a defective item and the store didn't want to exchange it or return my money. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen really good customer service in store comic shops. With online they have to be for the most part.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

That is a pretty unreal experience HusTruck. If anything keeping the business of a guy who has dropped that kind of money in his store should have been worth more than $35 to the owner.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
That is a pretty unreal experience HusTruck. If anything keeping the business of a guy who has dropped that kind of money in his store should have been worth more than $35 to the owner.
That's the most surprising part of the story. You have a customer drop $2000 in your store and you can't work with him on a $35.00 comic?
Old 11-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
That's the most surprising part of the story. You have a customer drop $2000 in your store and you can't work with him on a $35.00 comic?
Thinking the same thing. I would always remember someone that dropped 2 grand in my store.
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's not surprising to me. I've heard stories from people that spend that kind of money on comics only to have one bad apple turn up and the comic shop owner or dealer act crazy.

I've mentioned it here a few times before but there really needs to be a high end comic shop. Not these junky looking shops filled with all kinds of crap. Shops that have high end service. I probably will try it myself one day. But every single comic shop I've seen is very similar in style.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:50 PM   #8
Frankierock
Omega Red

I can understand where he is coming from 100%...I had a Local comic owner I ended up leaving for a reason similar...I spent over 4 grand in the guys shop in a 3 month span (wife was not happy by the way..lol)...Guy was nothing but nice to me from day one...But then it all changed one day..I asked him if he knew anyone that wanted an Anakin PF statue (Ex version) he told me sure, he had someone in mind, So I traded him my Anakin for another Statue I was buying from him, and since he knew the sale was done it was an even swap...
Well long story short, the guy he sold it to said he never got it delivered and then told his credit card company not to pay...The owner wanted me to pay for his loss because it was my Statue in the first place...Really? anyway never went back.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote