Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #21
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcusprime View Post
UPDATE!

So Dean responded and was very apologetic. He's going to refund the money. I'd rather this had worked out better and had the art, but at this point, this is the best solution! Closure!
congrats man. best way to solve it after all these years.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #22
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
UPDATE!

So Dean responded and was very apologetic. He's going to refund the money. I'd rather this had worked out better and had the art, but at this point, this is the best solution! Closure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Nice. Hopefully he doesn't flake on the refund
I was thinking the same thing.

Did he say when he's going to refund you?
If not, I suggest getting this going asap.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #23
Edward-G
Frackin!

Quote:
UPDATE!

That's good to hear. Was it because he saw this thread or was directed to it?
Edward-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #24
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

I actually posted something on his FB page. His response was very polite, and he was very apologetic. He is just overwhelmed I guess. I trust him to follow through with the refund.
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #25
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

Thanks for everyone's support, I appreciate it!
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #26
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
UPDATE!

Don't celebrate until you have your money back.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #27
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Not to make a massive bump, but I've been having the same issue with Dean. I contacted him in June 2013 for a Watchmen commission. After we agreed to a price, I told him I could pay up front, which after a few weeks I did. At the same time, Dean ran a commission drive called "DeanCON" where if you paid 55 bucks you could grab a two character commission. I figured I'd help out so I ordered one. A few months later he did "DeanCON" two, in order to fix his car. I had already paid for the first two, sent him an email to see what the status was, he said they would be done soon, so I ordered a third commission. (I know, I know.)

In the next few months, I checked in with him from time to time, and his response was always "oh, just running a little behind, but they're coming". I finally got the first DeanCon commission in June, about a year after ordering it. Was fine with it, but wondered where the other two pieces were, especially the Watchmen piece which cost me significantly more than the DeanCon pieces. Cut to now, and he has stopped responding to emails, twitter messages, and he blocked me on Twitter after, admittedly, I made a snarky comment. Any ideas on what my next move should be? Or is this one where I'm going to have to cut my losses and move on.
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:37 PM   #28
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

keep at it dude. post his twitter feed - maybe i'll tweet him.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #29
Demona
Martian Manhunter

You sir, have come to the right place to gather forces to obtain your art or a refund.

We are a smart and tactful crew which usually gets results.

Question now is -- would you want the art or the $$$?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #30
BaronV
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

How did you pay for it? Pay Pal via checking or did you use your credit card?

I've had luck getting a charge back via cc even after the Pay Pal refund window closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwimrbarnes View Post
Not to make a massive bump, but I've been having the same issue with Dean. I contacted him in June 2013 for a Watchmen commission. After we agreed to a price, I told him I could pay up front, which after a few weeks I did. At the same time, Dean ran a commission drive called "DeanCON" where if you paid 55 bucks you could grab a two character commission. I figured I'd help out so I ordered one. A few months later he did "DeanCON" two, in order to fix his car. I had already paid for the first two, sent him an email to see what the status was, he said they would be done soon, so I ordered a third commission. (I know, I know.)

In the next few months, I checked in with him from time to time, and his response was always "oh, just running a little behind, but they're coming". I finally got the first DeanCon commission in June, about a year after ordering it. Was fine with it, but wondered where the other two pieces were, especially the Watchmen piece which cost me significantly more than the DeanCon pieces. Cut to now, and he has stopped responding to emails, twitter messages, and he blocked me on Twitter after, admittedly, I made a snarky comment. Any ideas on what my next move should be? Or is this one where I'm going to have to cut my losses and move on.
BaronV is offline   Reply With Quote