Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 01-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #21
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

yeah i got a hotel next to the con.

What time you going to leave to get there then?
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #22
MACATTACK
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Woooo! I've got an Excel pass via work so will definitely be making use of that!!! I'm there!!
MACATTACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #23
blasto14
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanny View Post
yeah i got a hotel next to the con.

What time you going to leave to get there then?
Probably around 6ish bit before maybe I'll go from Havant or Fratton. I guess you booked that last year. Didn't plan well enough its what I should have done really.
blasto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #24
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

actually i booked it this week
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #25
PaleBlueRoses
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
Adamantium Member

Wow, it sounds like it is going to be a great show. And Jim Cheung is going to be there and doing sketches (so lucky). I hope everyone has fun.
PaleBlueRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #26
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasto14 View Post
Yeah he's my number one priority on the first day. Who else have you arranged pieces with? I'm interested in getting something from Emanuela Lupacchino, Peter Nguyen, Mike Norton and Mike Deodato Jr. Also refering to your comment about getting too the excel at 4 or 5 I don't think they actually open till at least 6 or 7 I have been to the London Expo in the past (another big event) and have been fairly close too the front after getting there at 7.

I've only just seen your other comments haha where are you coming from? I'll probably give Bollard a miss as exceptional as he is £100 is a bit much from me I'm afraid. What did you think of Kapow any way? A lot of people didn't like it (not myself mind you I actually quite enjoyed it).

This is the piece I got from Bolland at Kapow last year: http://i54.tinypic.com/14l6hbk.jpg
I myself didn't like the show so much, as some of the artists I most wanted to meet had such long lines they didn't sketch at all. Taking into account the cost of flying+accomodation it was not worth it. However it was great meeting Adi Granov, James Hodgkins, Guillermo Ortego again, and making some new friends too :-)

So far I've arranged a Conan piece (325$) from George Perez that will accompany the Sonja I got from him in Aviles two years ago: http://i54.tinypic.com/2z6zhjc.jpg
Then, i'm going to order one from JK Woodward (35$ for a three character piece is difficult to beat), and am trying to arrange a couple commissions with Emanuela.

By the way, I'm flying from Bilbao, on the north of Spain. Just a miniflight as you can see. For anyone looking for a hotel, a friend of mine just booked a room at the "Custom Hotel" which is pretty near the Excel con hall so they should still have more rooms (he used booking.com). The "waiting in the street because hall still closed" thing is no problem, I've been at Madrid convention a couple of years at 4 a.m., snowing, in the middle of nowhere. I guess the weather will be pretty tough in London but well, it's Stan Lee!
Shandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #27
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandil View Post
This is the piece I got from Bolland at Kapow last year: http://i54.tinypic.com/14l6hbk.jpg
that is fantastic, but MAN! He must get tired of all the requests for the joker!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:34 AM   #28
joy_division

no frank quitely listed yet. I know he's not a big fan of cons
Old 01-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #29
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
that is fantastic, but MAN! He must get tired of all the requests for the joker!
Actually, my request was "Whatever you want" and funnily, at that point, nobody had asked for a Joker so he commented on that and he put me on his list for a Joker. Of course, after that, there were quite a few Jokers requested. If you end up trying to get a piece by him, I think it's a good advise to stay around his table. He was doing them in random order and he eventually said he was doing a Joker, so he asked who had requested one, and as I was there I was the one who got it.
Shandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #30
joy_division

Geez That's not nice for the guy who has been up since the crack of dawn and then some other person can just walk in off the the street and get a sketch ahead of him!!

Joker, Judge Dredd or Death, FLash, WW, he can do it all!