Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #501
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Here is my video of Boba Fett from STGCC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbJp2ZAH7xI
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:18 AM   #502
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Awesome video. Sisko. What was your impressions of Boba Fett after seeing it in person?
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #503
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Are this Fett's inaccuracies intentional, or is XM trying to make him as accurate as they can get him? There's a lot more than what most collectors want fixed on this, such as his belt and his jet pack effect. It also looks as if his blaster is way oversized and his helmet is undersized. His mid-flight pose is awesome and a nice unique touch from what we always see with this dude, but it's hard to judge whether or not his inaccuracies are intentional.
I thought xm was doing comic versions not real life proportions with live actors?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:36 AM   #504
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Awesome video. Sisko. What was your impressions of Boba Fett after seeing it in person?
I really liked it. He's very dynamic, and I liked him best viewed from the side because you get the full sense of motion. I think people who don't like the smoke in pictures won't like it any better in person. The flamethrower arm was my personal favourite. However, it definitely looked like a slightly more comic style Fett. So people who are after a straight movie Fett are probably better off with the Sideshow version IMO. I already have the Sideshow version and I have this on order too.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #505
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
I really liked it. He's very dynamic, and I liked him best viewed from the side because you get the full sense of motion. I think people who don't like the smoke in pictures won't like it any better in person. The flamethrower arm was my personal favourite. However, it definitely looked like a slightly more comic style Fett. So people who are after a straight movie Fett are probably better off with the Sideshow version IMO. I already have the Sideshow version and I have this on order too.
Thanks Sisko. I can definetly see the comic style in the piece. It doesn't bother me because I also see realistic movie elements as well. The piece is really a melding of comic and movie elements imo. I really like the action pose and switch out options. I think that's where Sideshow's version is lacking a bit although it's a good piece as well.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:27 AM   #506
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Thanks Sisko. I can definetly see the comic style in the piece. It doesn't bother me because I also see realistic movie elements as well. The piece is really a melding of comic and movie elements imo. I really like the action pose and switch out options. I think that's where Sideshow's version is lacking a bit although it's a good piece as well.
You're right on the money. I think you're going to really like it then.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:27 PM   #507
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
You're right on the money. I think you're going to really like it then.
Thanks for confirming that.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:30 PM   #508
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Does anyone know if Simply Toys can sell XM Star Wars pieces to the US?

I know they can't sell XM Marvel pieces to the US but didn't know if Star Wars was off limits as well.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:43 PM   #509
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Does anyone know if Simply Toys can sell XM Star Wars pieces to the US?

I know they can't sell XM Marvel pieces to the US but didn't know if Star Wars was off limits as well.
Nope SW is off limits too. There are only 2 current licenses that are worldwide...The Chinese comic line and Top Cow. Everything else (for now) is the same as it has always been. I'd say Secret Compass, but they are expensive as far as Boba is concerned. I would say be patient as XM is coming out with so much great stuff that select individuals will sell their Boba or put up their PO on him to get other XM characters they want more.

I'd also recommend you wait until you see the fully completed Boba with the little changes to the belt and cords. XM has said the belt will be smaller and they are looking into adding wire to the cords for possible poseability.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:54 PM   #510
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Nope SW is off limits too. There are only 2 current licenses that are worldwide...The Chinese comic line and Top Cow. Everything else (for now) is the same as it has always been. I'd say Secret Compass, but they are expensive as far as Boba is concerned. I would say be patient as XM is coming out with so much great stuff that select individuals will sell their Boba or put up their PO on him to get other XM characters they want more.

I'd also recommend you wait until you see the fully completed Boba with the little changes to the belt and cords. XM has said the belt will be smaller and they are looking into adding wire to the cords for possible poseability.

Thanks for the reply and info, loric.

I really hate it when these companies do regional licenses. It's so absurd. Every license should be global. It spurs competition and it provides more choice for the customer.