Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #81
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
what? The hideous CPT variant instead of the SFV default costume? Seriously?

Totally agree with you, choosing tactical over SFV default is just nonsense, unless it's deliberate to avoid Guile's complex mixed media outfit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
The SFV Officer Guile is a great look in game and for a statue. Not so sure Mixed Media would be a good way to do it though.
That's the thing though...they were already considering the CPT alt, so the difficulty shouldn't be an issue. The CPT appears much harder to accomplish than the SFV default, imo. The default is just a dress shirt with a couple alterations, pants, and a belt. Nash recently came out pretty well, I thought. That's got some comparable cut and sew. Vest, glasses...
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:39 AM   #82
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
That's the thing though...they were already considering the CPT alt, so the difficulty shouldn't be an issue. The CPT appears much harder to accomplish than the SFV default, imo. The default is just a dress shirt with a couple alterations, pants, and a belt. Nash recently came out pretty well, I thought. That's got some comparable cut and sew. Vest, glasses...
People who own the original MM Guile (like myself)may want to go for the SFV default costume, for diversification. Expecially since Prototype Z's classic Guile is also coming.
Ignoring the SFV outfit would be a bad mistake, and going for the CPT variant would be an even worse one.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:54 AM   #83
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
People who own the original MM Guile (like myself)may want to go for the SFV default costume, for diversification. Expecially since Prototype Z's classic Guile is also coming.
Ignoring the SFV outfit would be a bad mistake, and going for the CPT variant would be an even worse one.
I totally agree, of course.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:50 PM   #84
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Okay, so I’ll chime in with my two cents and free art direction.

1) Scrap that combatant alt. Pointless and random. Nuff said.

2) He 100% gets classic SFV alt. But two editions. Why, because Guile is a WW and deserves it.

Version 1) Obviously Green camo and tank top. The ES should be a little higher, and the price point slightly lower so that more fans can snag the most iconic representation.

Version 2) A super fun, super limited Blue camo pattern homage to the Van Damme SF movie! Low Es, full price point. Possibly a art print drawing of the movie poster. Udon recently did an homage cover to the film for comics, and with PCS’s partnership with Edwin Huang it’s a natural choice.

Perhaps the box could have special art, or for a additional fee a certificate or base signed by Van Damme!

(That could be the precursor to a Van Damme license).

Version 3) SFV officer default costume! Seriously, it’s the best Guile has ever looked! The ES should be on par with the limited Blue version and the price set to match the blue, based on the Tailored suit!

Option 4, Aviator edition!)

The “Ultimate Guile”, wouldn’t be ultimate in the same sense as Akuma, but more akin to an evolution set. You get all three. All the extra goodies, in a giant special box. With a special COA on high quality card stock in a plastic display housing! And some 1/1 replica Dog tags!

That’s how you put together a beast package for Guile.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:50 PM   #85
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

All great ideas but I like the fact that Ant plans to take PCS back to its roots with lower ES’s and 2 versions of a statue. Regular and Ex. I for one prefer this over having 3 versions.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:11 PM   #86
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
All great ideas but I like the fact that Ant plans to take PCS back to its roots with lower ES’s and 2 versions of a statue. Regular and Ex. I for one prefer this over having 3 versions.
I certainly agree with returning to the ideas of old as pertains to collectibility, but marquee characters (such as World Warriors) warrant the extra version.

It’s good for business, and if handled correctly and creatively can add value to the piece.

It’s time to start thinking outside the box on these packages.

Another idea I’d like to see them push is adding in bonus parts for Popular characters (like Akuma) in the box with oversized characters that people wouldn’t normally preorder.

Someone might not normally purchase Hugo, but if they get a rare Akuma or Ryu portrait they might reconsider. Use popular characters to push less popular characters! Because cycling the same five Street Fighters isn’t going to cut it anymore. Not at today’s prices.

Another approach could be some type of VIP voucher to be used on an upcoming preorder. Some reward for purchasing lesser known oversized characters. Early access vouchers, AP vouchers, etc etc etc.

I’d like to see some cool sh!t, not just the status quo.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:52 PM   #87
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
I'm all for this, for the most part.

But these are the 'Ultimates'. A subset of the 1:4 MM. A special case.

They got lucky that Akuma didn't undergo much change from version to version. But the fact is, he got represented from most every game. How do you do an Ultimate Guile, and ignore SFV? Sorry, they changed his default. Gotta do it this time. Ultimate Ryu will be easy. Ultimate Chun-Li will be easy. Etc.

Ultimate Akuma came with essentially two bodies (after some wrangling). As someone who wants SFV default Guile, I'd be ok paying a bit more for his second body to be that of the SFV default). A 'true' Ultimate. A small 'upcharge', if you will, over a 'normal' edition of say, the blue camo palette swap.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:27 PM   #88
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Nash came out wonderfully. That jacket looks totally real.

Not sure why I can't see the SFV officer shirt making it in Mixed Media. Maybe it is because of the stitching required and I've never seen full on shirts look good in MM.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #89
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I think all the different versions contributed to the aftermarket crash...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:28 PM   #90
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's less risky to offer DLC variants in the 1/8 scale line. That's more fun and casual, and more likely to capture sales from non collectors.

The shrinking big statue market is driven by nostalgia. I would even dare PCS to drop variants completely and see how the sales do. The new Raiden may not be the best experiment as he's too close to the MM 1/4.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote