Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Has this ever happened to you (job hunting)

I'm looking for a new job and there was a job opening with a contractor a couple of months ago, i sent them my resume, they wanted it mailed. Today i recieve a certified letter from that contractor telling me to contact them to schedule a interview. All other job interviews i've been to they have always contacted me to for an interview. The contractors legit, i drove by the office and three of their jobsites.
Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
ratchet
Mandarin

That's never happened - but I once had an interviewer ask me to take off my pants...

Does that count?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
That's never happened - but I once had an interviewer ask me to take off my pants...

Does that count?
i was so kidding i cant believe you did it
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
patrickwm68
The Flash

I once went for what I thought was an interview for a managers job. When I got to the place there were like 200 people there. Turns out it was a trick to get us all to this seminar on how to sell retirement plans to old people. When it was over they wanted everyone to pay $200 right then and there for a license to sell the plans.

I got the hell out of there real quick. The place was called Primerica
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

I got somethin like that the other day...some automated call to press 1 to schedule an interview. I got one on the answering machine yesterday from a place I've never heard of
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

A buddy of mine works for the DOB, he's going to dig up some info about these guy's for me. I've been on a bunch of interviews (turned down three jobs so far) and they always contacted me.
Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyethearcher View Post
i was so kidding i cant believe you did it
How am I supposed to tell with your deadpan delivery?
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

mail resume? the company can't afford printer or paper from email? talk about cost-saving steps...

good luck in your interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frinky View Post
I'm looking for a new job and there was a job opening with a contractor a couple of months ago, i sent them my resume, they wanted it mailed. Today i recieve a certified letter from that contractor telling me to contact them to schedule a interview. All other job interviews i've been to they have always contacted me to for an interview. The contractors legit, i drove by the office and three of their jobsites.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:05 AM   #9
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Was contacted by a company to schedule an interview a long time ago.

The interviewer was creepy, the office was wack, didn't tell me what they actually do but from the description he offered I came to realize it's a solicitor type of work...
They asked me to contact them again for a second interview and sure as hell I didn't.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #10
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

After college i went on like 40 interviews, the oddest one was a guy who wanted me to become a partner with him in his ad business. Never met the guy, he was the only one working in a run down 60s looking office. Computers were old but looked like they were aged 35 years.

After i left he called me that night and the next day asking if i wanted the job, and when ever i asked him what he would pay me he went on about becoming a partner. Just hung up on him and he got the idea.

-------

Second weirdest interview was a guy who started to argue with me about Macs and PCs. When i went in i told him i only know Macs and not good with PCs at all. I liked to get that out in the open so didnt waste time with a PC based ad company. Guy went ape chit on me about PC is the same thing etc...... All i was trying to do was show them i can be a tech guy on the macs as well as do graphic work to sell myself a bit better. I wasnt even fighting with him, but he yelled at me to get out of his office. As i was walking out the two other graphic artists there were looking at me like they wanted someone to save them from a nightmare LOL.

-------

But when i did all those interviews there was a few that wanted only mailed resumes so they could be on file. i got call backs, but never what Frinky went thru. but this was back in 1998-99 so internet and emails were just taking over fax and mail options.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote