Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-26-2011, 07:25 PM   #1841
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by le Gardien View Post
Just a desillusion for me

Bad day ...

Sorry to see that Hope u can get a replacement for that.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:59 AM   #1842
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Aspen variant??

man that sucks BIG time.
Hopefully u can get it replaced man...otherwise how can you display it???
dayum
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #1843
benhernandez
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Lord Apocalypse View Post
i doubt its the packing on this one. its the design.
if that statue and base are one piece, then that's the problem.

Aspen has to make sure the statue and base are not attached. its the reason why almost every statue from sideshow and bowen are seperate.

hopefully the company learns from their mistake for the next piece.

It sounds like you are 100% sure that it's a design flaw and not a shipping, handling problem? Bowen has released one piece items such as the Sabretooth, Logan statue and no one ever complained about breakage. Is it really safe to say that it was a design flaw when we really don't know what the ratio of broken pieces compared to non broken pieces?

Let's be realistic. Every statue goes through so many hands some handle with care other don't. You have to remember that humans are loading the trucks and are handling the product. Not the machines. So if you have a unhappy employee I can guarantee that the package won't be handled with care.

I'm not saying that there might not be a problem with the packaging, or how it was packed, or in the shipping. But I would never say it was a design flaw.
benhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #1844
le Gardien
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Thanks for comments guys, Thats cool.

Ben is right, I dont think that the problem is the conception, perhaps bad conditioned, but delivery drivers and warehousemen do not always pay attention..

It's just you and your chance

I await a second from my retrailer ( I buy two) and I hope she will arrive intact.

After my Kiani broken , I would find a chance for Aspen products
le Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 PM   #1845
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhernandez View Post
It sounds like you are 100% sure that it's a design flaw and not a shipping, handling problem? Bowen has released one piece items such as the Sabretooth, Logan statue and no one ever complained about breakage. Is it really safe to say that it was a design flaw when we really don't know what the ratio of broken pieces compared to non broken pieces?

Let's be realistic. Every statue goes through so many hands some handle with care other don't. You have to remember that humans are loading the trucks and are handling the product. Not the machines. So if you have a unhappy employee I can guarantee that the package won't be handled with care.

I'm not saying that there might not be a problem with the packaging, or how it was packed, or in the shipping. But I would never say it was a design flaw.
the break on aspen is at the point of union between the weakest point (ankle) and the heaviest point (base). ofcourse the package gets thrown around. i have friends who work for shipping companies and they tell me that workers throw em to save time instead of picking it up and moving, some even sit on boxes. that's a given. i was merely stating the flaw on the statue design that is not the most suitable when it comes to shipping. this is the same issue as the DC Aquaman, Bowen's first Captain america statue or a human tearing their ACL. if the weakest point cant take the shock, something has to give.
If Aspen wants to deal with less headaches that may only be from the flaw of shippers throwing their stuff around, simply make the base seperate from the statue. there is reason why almost all statues with relatively heavy bases are made seperately.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:38 PM   #1846
riky
Mephisto

Would a wire armature cast inside the resin have helped? Not really useful now, just kinda wonderin.
riky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #1847
fderado
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le Gardien View Post
Just a desillusion for me

Bad day ...

...man that really sucks. Got me a bit worried now...are you able to get it replaced?
fderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #1848
Fremen
Birds of Prey

I'm just wondering if the base maybe is sitting too deep in the styrofoam. Maybe that causes stresses which make it snap at that point.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #1849
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

i hope when our new black armour ASPEN is ship this week friday. We dont receive broken ACLs. This is crazy. I think the foam packing inside is not level to support the acls.
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:29 AM   #1850
ssurfer23
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

oh mine, so sad for you
that was why i was hesitant to buy online as i think that breakage part is the weakest as the base is so heavy.

i just got mine from my lcs

ssurfer23 is offline   Reply With Quote