Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 09-06-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Is there an MCU Black Widow in the pipeline?

I’m wondering if we’ll ever see a 1/4 MCU Black Widow to go with Iron Studios latest 1/4 MCU line?

She’s never had a proper 1/4 statue done of her and her final movie is coming out in the spring. It would be fitting she has a killer 1/4 scale statue to glorify her time in the MCU.
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:15 PM   #2
Augen
Metal Men

I don't think there have been movie based premium formats for the MCU for years. I would have figured a Black Panther or Captain Marvel would have happened, but even with Endgame no announcement came.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:25 PM   #3
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Isn’t Iron Studios new Captain America 1/4 MCU?

Good point on no Captain Marvel so even less chance of a Black Widow.

But hopefully one day.

I guess SS did do a 1/4 scale MCU, but it’s a bit underwhelming if you ask me.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:36 PM   #4
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I don't think there have been movie based premium formats for the MCU for years. I would have figured a Black Panther or Captain Marvel would have happened, but even with Endgame no announcement came.

Given Sideshow's track record with their last batch of MCU pieces, I for one wouldn't want any of their premium formats. The only one imo that has been any good has been their Mark 3 'Maquette'.

And you have to remember that you are in the Iron Studio's thread, and they have of course in the 1/4 line have produced 2 from AOU, 6 from Civil War, 2 from Infinity War, and now 4 from Endgame. If which I will have them all.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #5
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
I’m wondering if we’ll ever see a 1/4 MCU Black Widow to go with Iron Studios latest 1/4 MCU line?

She’s never had a proper 1/4 statue done of her and her final movie is coming out in the spring. It would be fitting she has a killer 1/4 scale statue to glorify her time in the MCU.
There has been a great 1/4 piece of the MCU Black Widow. The Winter Soldier version from Gentle Giant is a great piece. If I had bought a 2nd one of her, which at one point I was actually thinking to do, I could've flipped her for double given what she was going for in the secondary market.

And I think Sideshow has done one or two of her as well, but I didn't feel the need to get theirs.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:47 PM   #6
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Yeah that Gentle Giant is pretty sweet. But kind of small and a stupid base. Is it really 1/4?

Sideshow released a Premium Format, Non-MCU black Widow with a giant .50 that is really awesome, but I’m kind of partial to Scarlett so I may wait to see if a new MCU 1/4 is teased after her movie is released.

But there are at least a couple of cool variations out there.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:39 PM   #7
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Given Sideshow's track record with their last batch of MCU pieces, I for one wouldn't want any of their premium formats. The only one imo that has been any good has been their Mark 3 'Maquette'.

And you have to remember that you are in the Iron Studio's thread, and they have of course in the 1/4 line have produced 2 from AOU, 6 from Civil War, 2 from Infinity War, and now 4 from Endgame. If which I will have them all.
You're right. My bad. Who were the 6 IS 1:4 from Civil War?
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:28 PM   #8
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Yeah that Gentle Giant is pretty sweet. But kind of small and a stupid base. Is it really 1/4?

Sideshow released a Premium Format, Non-MCU black Widow with a giant .50 that is really awesome, but I’m kind of partial to Scarlett so I may wait to see if a new MCU 1/4 is teased after her movie is released.

But there are at least a couple of cool variations out there.
Yep it’s correct 1/4 scale. But if you’re comparing them to some of the Iron Studio pieces, then I understand. As some of them are closer to 1/3.5 scale than 1/4 scale. Heck I’ve got the Prime 1 1/3 Arkham Knight Joker relatively close to the Iron Studios 1/4 AOU Captain America, and the 1/4 Cap makes Joker look small, even when accounting for him slim physique.

And Sideshow has released at least one MCU Black Widow, but I didn’t much care for it.
Old 09-06-2019, 11:29 PM   #9
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
You're right. My bad. Who were the 6 IS 1:4 from Civil War?
Falcon, Bucky, Cap, Black Panther, War Machine, and Mark 46.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:03 AM   #10
Drakonnen
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
It is definitely 1/4. I actually built a custom base for mine so she would fit in a group line up though since the original base was horrible.

I have contacted Iron Studios repeatedly pushing for a 1/4 MCU Widow and they have thanked me for the suggestion, but no plans yet. I think more people need to hound them for it.

I think it's a little ridiculous they did Civil War Bucky, Falcon, and War Machine and skipped her.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190812_170303.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	125698  
Drakonnen is offline   Reply With Quote