Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #1871
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

The fact that the demand is there to the tune of 1K is the reason why this seems like a no brainer for a remake. All those prints for sale recently, the movie, etc.....
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:54 PM   #1872
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Damn, sold this to help fund a vacation like a year ago for basically retail. Was the EX too.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:08 PM   #1873
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
The fact that the demand is there to the tune of 1K is the reason why this seems like a no brainer for a remake. All those prints for sale recently, the movie, etc.....
Remake? - no way!
Have Sideshow ever re_released a piece from the past?

I'm up for a 100% new Captain Marvel 1/4 PF
Maybe something like that looks like the current movie CM with a super glossy outfit.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #1874
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Aftermarket price is hype and availability. Will it last? Only time will tell. If it does then you can be sure companies will take notice.

However, Targets are stocked with Captain Marvel toys. Those pieces aren't moving.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:40 PM   #1875
Comicbookguy
Hercules

They will definitely make 2-3 more pf on this character count on it. This will probably linger around d 600-700.00 down the road because it's still a great piece, when the new ones show up. This one is still so good I can't get rid of her. My friend sold me his fan art head with the binary which is so, so cool looking. The fan art that was made was terrible paint job that so many returned out. I saw the pics before and it was so sloppy like a child painted it with cheap paint cracking all over and crossing the lines all crooked. My friend here fixed it to perfection! great quality paint, and it looks epic! Makes the statue into another level now with three different portraits.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:52 AM   #1876
desertdragon
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
You are a master photographer, sir.
Wow thank you bdlovelace! To be fair, you pretty much can't take a bad picture of her... though I will admit I pretty much threw the kitchen sink at these photos as a way to pay homage to what an amazing piece she is
desertdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 02:36 PM   #1877
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
This one is still so good I can't get rid of her. My friend sold me his fan art head with the binary which is so, so cool looking. The fan art that was made was terrible paint job that so many returned out. I saw the pics before and it was so sloppy like a child painted it with cheap paint cracking all over and crossing the lines all crooked. My friend here fixed it to perfection! great quality paint, and it looks epic! Makes the statue into another level now with three different portraits.
This looks amazing when it's on the statue! Superior custom painted by one of the best After it came looking really bad.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:54 PM   #1878
Augen
Metal Men

I was thinking that they might do a Larson version, but then I don't think anyone does the Marvel movie version in 1:4 or 1:3 scale unless I've completely missed them somehow.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #1879
demonhunter
Kingpin

I am glad I bought this one. When I saw the pose and sculpt, I knew Sideshow had a winner in this one. 1st day PO for me back then. Loved it. Although I wasn't very greatly enamoured with the character. It was the sculpture that was so awesome.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #1880
KarolKaminski
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
I am glad I bought this one. When I saw the pose and sculpt, I knew Sideshow had a winner in this one. 1st day PO for me back then. Loved it. Although I wasn't very greatly enamoured with the character. It was the sculpture that was so awesome.
I hate myself for having lost the opportunity to buy it at that time. I didn t know about the character, but I fell in love with sculpture. I think that today is still one of the best SS female sculptures.
KarolKaminski is offline   Reply With Quote