Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #181
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
This is adorable.
Did you know that a member was offered an automated 10% discount on Rogue?
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #182
craigcliff1
Zot

I so loved statue collecting for about 10 years, but for about 3-4 years not much fun. Statues have doubled just this decade, shipping gone up 4-5 X, resell is a joke now, crooks that can cheat you if you sell. Just got cheated on an ebay PO that was stupid of me, now seller has bailed with mine and others money
I do admit statue sculpts are awesome now when compared to 10-15 years ago.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:42 PM   #183
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Did you know that a member was offered an automated 10% discount on Rogue?
Speculation is that he was an international member and that's the reason why.

Sideshow usually would produce less of these large heavy pieces than to give you a discount this early in the game.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:03 PM   #184
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
I so loved statue collecting for about 10 years, but for about 3-4 years not much fun,. Statues have doubled just this decade, shipping gone 4-5 X, resell is a joke now, crooks that can cheat you if you sell. Just got cheated on an ebay PO that was stupid of me, now seller has bailed with mine and others money

Yeah, if you look at the amount of amazing statues coming out you'd think the hobby is super healthy but viewing the aftermarket and astronomical price increases in a short period of time and it shows it's not the case. Long time collectors are getting priced out, and these are pretty well off folks from my observations.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:08 PM   #185
D-ten
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

Sideshow usually would produce less of these large heavy pieces than to give you a discount this early in the game.
I might be wrong but I think everyone gets a 10% discount to pop up at some point. Think it's a one time deal though. I had one a couple of years ago and wisely chose to use it on the most expensive piece I'd been planning on ordering which was the Prime 1 Batman DKR. If memory serves you need to add something to your basket and put it through where you are asked to place your order. Instead of confirming you hit back on your browser and then the offer should pop up. As stated its a one time only thing and I'm not even sure if that method is foolproof.
D-ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:32 PM   #186
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Yeah, if you look at the amount of amazing statues coming out you'd think the hobby is super healthy but viewing the aftermarket and astronomical price increases in a short period of time and it shows it's not the case. Long time collectors are getting priced out, and these are pretty well off folks from my observations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
I so loved statue collecting for about 10 years, but for about 3-4 years not much fun,. Statues have doubled just this decade, shipping gone up 4-5 X, resell is a joke now, crooks that can cheat you if you sell. Just got cheated on an ebay PO that was stupid of me, now seller has bailed with mine and others money
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #187
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBK83 View Post
Even the low es statues aren’t selling out anymore. I think many are bailing. Maybe sideshow is trying to recoup with the prices and all the releases , they have so much product going through their site now. It looks like entertainment earth
Lol I noticed that as well.
They might be losing a lot of sales on statues by jacking up prices non-stop on ex, on maquette, on shipping, etc... At this rate I can see them putting themselves out of business in time. Might not happen right away. Just give it time. The competition, greed, Lack of replacements for people who genuinely wants these to complete a collection, Those lame automated replies, The stupid Star Wars music we have to listen to for 30-45 mins on the phone, prices exceed after markets by 30-50%, etc...
The good is QC is a tiny bit better overall, they have the best sculptors, and the new technology makes details better than ever.
The site now looks more like a toy collectible shop than a statue site.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:11 PM   #188
craigcliff1
Zot

I love SSC from my first SSC piece Speeder Bike PF through SW PFs and dioramas, Voltron maquette, Lex PF, Jango Fett PF, Wolv vs Hulk, awesome stuff and CS has been awesome to me. Now just don't have any pieces I want much, just PCS and I.A have pieces I want and would love if they made each piece I want and figure out a way to sell off my statues and then bail
I think SSC is an awesome company but they need to return to like they were a decade ago

These companies need to come up with a plan, if they don't most collectors are going bail.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:43 AM   #189
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

About 2-3 years ago. Sideshow gave everyone a 10% off discount. I am an international customer but US customers were definitely not excluded.

Put said item in cart, wait awhile, and more often than not Sideshow came at you with a 10% off offer.

It wasn't even 1/customer in the beginning. I got myself classic Sabretooth PF, Green Goblin PF, and He-Man and Skeletor all at a 10% discount. Those statues were up for preorder for a few months at that time.

Sideshow eventually changed it to 1/account. Just saying it's happened before and it isn't as silly as you may think it is
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #190
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Lol I noticed that as well.
They might be losing a lot of sales on statues by jacking up prices non-stop on ex, on maquette, on shipping, etc... At this rate I can see them putting themselves out of business in time. Might not happen right away. Just give it time. The competition, greed, Lack of replacements for people who genuinely wants these to complete a collection, Those lame automated replies, The stupid Star Wars music we have to listen to for 30-45 mins on the phone, prices exceed after markets by 30-50%, etc...
The good is QC is a tiny bit better overall, they have the best sculptors, and the new technology makes details better than ever.
The site now looks more like a toy collectible shop than a statue site.
SS has the best sculptors? I don't know how anyone could say they're objectively superior to P1 or XM.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote