Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-24-2019, 07:01 AM   #251
KgBeast11
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Sideshow , for this statue you just need to do 2 things:

Keep the face decent, not as good as prototipe because we know it wont look like that 100% . It is a fairly simple expressionless face so should not be so hard to replicate

Secondly make the colors pop , blue and yellow are lively colors , and not fairly complex like shadows or gradients
KgBeast11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #252
Frayhor
Sinister Six

For the ex. my vote goes for a stupid COHand that shows her power like the recent Grace and Psylocke PFs (Grace I wanted her iconic spear, besides without it her pose is weird and Psylocke it could have been really cool but I found the realisation ugly, just my opinion), so I'm prepared to be disappointed but my wallet will feel better because if I'm really loving it, I will take the collector edition at a french retailer and I will make a lot of savings.

Always try to find the positive in an imperfect situation.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #253
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgBeast11 View Post
Sideshow , for this statue you just need to do 2 things:

Keep the face decent, not as good as prototipe because we know it wont look like that 100% . It is a fairly simple expressionless face so should not be so hard to replicate

Secondly make the colors pop , blue and yellow are lively colors , and not fairly complex like shadows or gradients
That said, I hope SS does some really nice shading on this one, as the OG PF, which I own, is almost complete devoid of shading.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #254
Peedi
The Secret Six

I prefer this costume more orange than yellow but I suppose they wanted to be more different this time and in the comics it varied between orange and yellow or somewhere in between.

I even like the duller, beige look than yellow. To me orange or beige is more unique than yellow which is a go-to color for comic characters.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #255
KgBeast11
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I prefer this costume more orange than yellow but I suppose they wanted to be more different this time and in the comics it varied between orange and yellow or somewhere in between.

I even like the duller, beige look than yellow. To me orange or beige is more unique than yellow which is a go-to color for comic characters.
I dont mind the yellow. For me the base and overall pose is the deal braker. If its one leg up its instant cancel. All the more reason to be picky because i live in Europe and SS still doesnt have a EU depo
KgBeast11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:52 PM   #256
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The pose on the early one is Terrible imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:33 AM   #257
Biggunz
Loki

Come one guys Ban Hammer

Settle Down

I miss the 80s and I was born in 85 LOL
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:35 AM   #258
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
man you must've had a bad trip to Thailand , now trickling down to your inner fears of female statues , they're not all trying to trick you! get a grip

lmao
Is this the sideshow piece?
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:54 AM   #259
demonhunter
Kingpin

The original Jean Grey PF released in 2015, body wise, I think wasn't the most problematic area that could've been improved.

It was more of the pose. Proportions wise, I think it was okay.

Other things like the huuuuuugggggeeeeee swirling floating hair was just awkward.

In some instances of Jean's Jim Lee costume, her orange costume even looked like it was golden in the comics and trading cards art (like the one by Joe Jusko)

However, most recently, it seemed to have reverted to more light yellow colour in the comics. After she was reintroduced into the Marvel Universe after being dead for many many years. She died in X-Men Endsong storyline 2005. She returned in Dec 2017. After being out of Marvel comics for close to 12 years I think.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:47 AM   #260
Mr.Knight
Justice League

Yes that costume is very nice.
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote