Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 03-20-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
SunnyLee
Doodler and Pencil Scratcher.
ArtistProducer

Hello. Limited commission opportunity

For those who do know me ... Hey Guys! For those who don't know me ummm... I used to come by here a lot and draw stuff.

How's it going? It's been a while. (I can't believe you're all still here.) (Any comings and goings I should know about?) Some of you are probably wondering what happened to me... well... long story short, I was working like a madman for a day job, commissions and an occasional pub (nothing worth mentioning), as well as hitting the convention circuit and doing con sketches all night long for an entire weekend during the con - so no sleep for 3 days. Basically, two things happened... got a little burnt out and my back and neck got screwed up (again). The first time was when I was actually drawing comics for a living (if you can call it that). This cycle just brought it back. Made it so it hurt to even turn my head - neck injuries make my doc nervous so that made me nervous. Needless to say, I probably have the worst drawing posture in the business. And I tend to get too detailed and into the minutiae about art.

Since it's been a while, I thought I'd do a little something for you guys. I thought I'd offer up some commissions. These will be 11x17, pencils only. I have to limit it to 5 commissions only @ $200 each. Now, this is only gonna happen here. I'm not offering it up on facebook or twitter or anywhere else and I can only do 5. I don't know if I will do this again... I guess it'll depend on how I feel afterwards. I've been doing some doodles to get back into it (https://twitter.com/SunnyLeeArt), but it's been a slow pace. Sorry (you can thank my neck and back). One character only please. First five to respond with a request are on it. Also something to note, these will be your commissions... meaning there will be no soft or hard copies of it anywhere else unless you post it. I will not reuse it for any sketchbooks, promotional material, facebook, twitter or anything else. I delete any and all scans of it I use to send to you as proofs/roughs and the only one who will have any form of copy of it will be you. So no one can download it or repost it or anything else. Not even me. And I also will not redraw said commission for anyone else either (ie, 2 versions of the same commission).

Also, I'm slow. Artistically not mentally. And I mean slower than I was before. I say this to implode any expectations that you'll get your piece in 2 days after making a request. Especially with the health stuff I'm dealing with - meaning I can only sit and draw for a few hours at a time before I have to get up. I tried drawing with different postures (hanging the paper on a wall, etc) but I can't draw that way... so it's this or nothing.

Please please do not send any money now. No payments will be accepted until they're done cause I have to be sure I can handle the workload. No cash, checks, money orders, paypals, cats, dogs, sheep, kids, snails, furs, mother-in-laws or other form of compensation will be accepted until they're finished. I don't plan on going to an cons, so they'll all have to be mailed upon completion. Unfortunately - I don't have paypal either so it'll have to be a check via the mail upon completion. Sorry for the slow snail mail process but paypal and I don't like each other anymore. The first five people to reply with a "yes please" and the name of a character they want gets on the list. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hope you're all well.
Sunny

Last edited by JadeGiant; 03-20-2019 at 02:31 PM.
SunnyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Hey Sunny - welcome back!

Can you provide a little more about how long a customer might expect to wait for their commission? You said not 2 days (which is nuts) but maybe provide a realistic expectation.

Thanks and good luck with the list

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
SunnyLee
ArtistProducer

Probably a few weeks - most likely 3-5 weeks depending on what it is and the costume etc.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #4
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

How about some samples. We have some new regulars around here that aren't familiar with your art (most likely).

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:31 PM   #5
Augen
The Hulk

Exclamation

I'm sorry to hear about your health struggles.

Reviewing your art if you could do something of this quality.

With my favorite character Power Girl I'd say

"Yes Please" to your terms. I can provide references or assistance in any way you need.

Is six to nine months sufficient time for you? I can mail a check (no sheep) upon completion as per your instructions.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #6
SunnyLee
ArtistProducer

yes - I'll let you know when I get started. If you have a particular costume/version (new 52, old 52, supergirl of earth 1 version) please let me know. Any and all references are helpful. 6=9 months is great.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:46 PM   #7
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyLee View Post
yes - I'll let you know when I get started. If you have a particular costume/version (new 52, old 52, supergirl of earth 1 version) please let me know. Any and all references are helpful. 6=9 months is great.
Can look to Amanda Conner art costume for reference.

If you prefer input on posing or scene I can help or if you have ideas happy to hear them out.

Excited to see it when it is finished in 6 to 9 months.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:48 PM   #8
SunnyLee
ArtistProducer

If you have something you want in particular pose, costume or other, please let me know. If you're ok with me creating a pose, then I can also do that.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:50 PM   #9
Augen
The Hulk

I'll move this conversation to direct messages to avoid cluttering up this thread too much.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #10
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I was wondering if you only do superhero commissions?
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote