Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 03-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
solidsnake 36
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

What happen to all the greats?

I think the art in comics now a days isn't that great as how it was in the 80"s I know things change but, where are Charest Travis, Johne Byrne, Mark Silvestri, Art Adams, Todd Mcfarlane, Windsor Barry Smith? I mean yeah they are doing work but they should be active in the comic book scene 90% of what they are doing now. Just miss the old days and how it use to be. Back then you had to be a top notch artist to draw the X-men.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Mean Green
Fantomah

Hmm, I don't think you give enough credit to the current artists working these days. No doubt the guys you named are huge and they got there by creating great art. But most of them have moved on and no longer need/want the deadlines and grind of being the regular artist on books. Some current artists that are putting out AMAZING work: Jim Cheung, Olivier Coipel, Carlo Pagulayan, Paul Pelletier (my personal favorites) just off the top of my head. I have no doubt these guys will be mentioned along with those you pointed out in 10-15 years.

Also, Art Adams is still doing a lot of covers for Marvel.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
solidsnake 36
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Yeah I have to agree, I did forget about the ones you mentioned, but I figured they would make more money with these deadlines. Also love Steve McNieven.