Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #31
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

I have waited 12 years for PT droids PF. Droideaka, Magna Guard,
New GG, Battledroid, I have given up on those.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #32
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Not offtopic at all. I grew up on the VHS tapes. I think it started going downhill halfway through ROTJ. And the PT as bad as it was, it had some good moments, and most importantly it was fully funded by GL's F-U money without having to answer to anyone.
The moment Luke reaches down and pulls the front part of Vader’s mask off is the most pivotal moment for me in the entire saga. This monster turns into a withered old man and bears his heart to his son.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:56 PM   #33
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

I watched Star Wars when it first came out, was awesome

Empire I had no idea that a second movie was in the works I was in love with the moment I watched the tv trailer. I watched that summer I have no idea how many. spent my days either going to the beach or going to the movie. When we returned to school I went and watch again. Today remains my most loved movie.

Jedi was a let down, but a great movie. I put it as tie with Star Wars as my second most loved movies

PT were a let down, but I liked them. Would have been great if Lucas had made them like Empire.

New movies are junk.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #34
ambasah
Red Skull

46 year old life-long star wars fan here. hugely into the statues and props. star wars will never die for me. BUT, I refuse to pay SS absurdly high prices. I've waited for deals in the aftermarket and scored big savings.

the fact that an excellent statue of a hugely popular character like maul can sit, available for pre-order (after a fake sell out) speaks to what most of the fanbase thinks of SS and their prices.

then they follow that with mostly craptastic versions of other characters at even higher price points..and well...let's just say the deals will be even better in due time.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #35
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

New ones really killed it for me. I would have bought the bespin luke pf and some boba Fett statue but now star wars is pretty much dead too me, and that's a good thing.
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:08 AM   #36
Gianco
X-Force

Tie Fighter Pilot and AT-AT Driver Premium Format would be more than welcome! I would appreciate a new Biker Scout also.
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:00 AM   #37
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

I kind of think it is fitting that the franchise is in a decline. When Lucas created his Special Edition of the OT, with all of those substandard CGI additions that added nothing to the story, I was perplexed as to how someone could view it as superior. When he deemed them the official versions of the OT, and decided that was the only version that would be available for purchase going forward, I walked away from the fandom. Lucas started showing bad judgement with the second half of ROTJ, but completely lost it with the Special Edition OT and those laughable prequels.

Marvel was somewhat virgin cinematic territory. Disney has done really well with it, but that is because they had a clean slate to start with, for the most part. I think they underestimated how easy it would be to replicate that success with Star Wars. Rogue One was well done, but beyond that, the movies have been steadily declining. Solo was the low watermark for SW.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 01:48 AM   #38
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Star Wars as a franchise is dying fast. I just went to Target today and just 4 days before Halloween the 16 feet of retail space for Star Wars costumes were completely full except for Yoda costumes. Kids wanted Fortnite and Overwatch costumes. Star Wars is almost completely passed over.

Not captured in the photos were the stupid Han Solo costumes that comes with a fabric Millennium Falcon the boy is supposed to wear like a tutu. Plenty of Han, Chewie, Lando, Rey, Porg, BB-8, OT Leia, Darth Vader, FO Executioner Trooper and Kylo Ren. Looks like they smartly skipped making Rose, Qi’ra and DJ costumes.

Star Wars action figures are down to 4 feet of shelf space (excludes Lego which had 8 feet). There were leftover Rey, Rose, DJ, Snoak, Jyn and Hux figures.

I’d like hear about what you all find in your local stores.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2EEACF3C-6851-4AEE-B942-D8E8D5DE233B.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	118314   Click image for larger version

Name:	2F62E1B5-A0D0-498F-A77F-A59B7A643693.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	118315   Click image for larger version

Name:	7597A857-ADCD-482B-A27E-D22A1E0C494D.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	378.8 KB
ID:	118316  
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 03:48 AM   #39
built2shred
Phoenix

yeah most the Targets and Walmart's around here look the same, they still have ton's of unsold Star Wars merchandise on the shelves...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:01 AM   #40
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

The sequel films really need a villain on-par with Darth Vader for kids to get behind. Kylo Ren is a realistic and complicated villain, but kids don't like realistic and complicated - they like a faceless Boba Fett that is remorseless and ruthless. Hux is incompetent and Phasma was a letdown, twice.

Snoke was really shaping up to be a fantastic villain in TLJ, then they went and killed him off.
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote