Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #451
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
It's from Simon aka BatmanTheAnimatedFan.

https://www.instagram.com/batmantheanimatedfan/

He does amazing work. I have one print of his and would like on of this too. If XM made this Dio from the BTAS art like this, I would have bought it without hesitation.
Nice, thanks! I would have probably ordered the statue as well if it was done in this style.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 11:21 PM   #452
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

XM announced that this will be a trinity set... one for Batman with smoke, Superman with crystal, and Wonder Woman with sand/stone...

Epic...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:13 AM   #453
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
XM announced that this will be a trinity set... one for Batman with smoke, Superman with crystal, and Wonder Woman with sand/stone...

Epic...
Intersting. I don’t see this working too affectively with those two unfortunately as neither have a stable of rogues as compelling as Batman’s.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:40 AM   #454
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Intersting. I don’t see this working too affectively with those two unfortunately as neither have a stable of rogues as compelling as Batman’s.
Good point. They have had problems about Batsy, for the remaining two i believe they will not manage
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:09 AM   #455
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I concur Hellboy. I think Superman has some potential, but Wonder Woman will be a stretch. Her Rogues are not as fun as the others by a wide margin.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #456
adee
Green Arrow

The Lanterns would have been really cool.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #457
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Lanterns would be a better sell that WW IMO.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:58 PM   #458
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
It's AMAZING how they brought this to life. I really hope we start to see more of a trend like this single piece diorama vs a multi-piece dio. The Riddler should still be added to the actual statue, I think he's really the only one that's missing.

I love the fully painted version, but wow that Dreamscape is so surreal and makes Batman pop a lot more.

I wish I could have gotten in on the PO, maybe one day I can afford to pick this up along with XM Hulkbuster.
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:57 PM   #459
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Not just the rogues gallery to me so much as the appropriateness of the theme in general.

The notion of being haunted by these figures is part and parcel of the whole genesis of that character- that he was haunted by the murder of his parents and this is what he grew up to become.

They would need to put some real thought into what Metallo, Luthor, Toyman, Zod and others collectively reveal about Superman.
The Batman one works as well as it does because it says something deeper about the character rather than just being a bunch of elements with a pleasing compositional arrangement.
I expect the latter is what we'll be seeing with the other two.

WW actually has more opportunity in this regard than Superman to me, as characters out of myth like Ares and Circe, juxtaposed with ones like Cheeta, play with more obvious thematic juice (war, illusion, bestial nature, etc)
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:17 PM   #460
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
It's AMAZING how they brought this to life. I really hope we start to see more of a trend like this single piece diorama vs a multi-piece dio. The Riddler should still be added to the actual statue, I think he's really the only one that's missing.

I love the fully painted version, but wow that Dreamscape is so surreal and makes Batman pop a lot more.

I wish I could have gotten in on the PO, maybe one day I can afford to pick this up along with XM Hulkbuster.
The PO hasn’t officially happened yet. So there is still time.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote