Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #1691
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I haven't seen this one yet, but I wasn't too big a fan of the first one so I'm not really in a rush.

Is it any good?
I liked the 1st one alot so I'm assuming this one is just as good. I don't remember hearing anything bad about it.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #1692
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Same here.

Still hoping for a good transfer of Predator as well. Anyone own the last Predator Blu-Ray release?
I have it. It's pretty good loaded with special features. They digitally scrubbed the hell out of the beginning where Carl Weathers and Arnold are going over the mission in the room with the red light. Weathers face doesn't even look real. Other then that I thought the rest of it looked great.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #1693
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
I have the one before the last. It's not bad, better than the most recent one on which they went way overboard with the DNR.

I love this movie, so I need to have it in the collection. Hopefully someday they'll do one with a great transfer, but from what I've heard it would require a restoration to achieve that. So, I won't hold my breath.
That's too bad. I own it on DVD, but I may have to just bite the bullet for one of the Blu-Rays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I have it. It's pretty good loaded with special features. They digitally scrubbed the hell out of the beginning where Carl Weathers and Arnold are going over the mission in the room with the red light. Weathers face doesn't even look real. Other then that I thought the rest of it looked great.
Yeah, I heard the DNR was ridiculous on that release. If it's only the beginning I may consider it. Thanks for the input.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #1694
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
You guys realize that $12.99 is for the "movie only" version of Sherlock Holmes and that there is a special edition version.
Yeah. Very few movies justify me paying more for the special features or for a DVD I'll never use. This film isn't one of those I feel compelled to have anything beyond the film itself and since the running time is the same on all the versions I'll take the savings.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #1695
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Still hoping for a good transfer of Predator as well. Anyone own the last Predator Blu-Ray release?
To echo what Tony said concerning Predator the first release on BD is actually pretty decent. AQ is decent and PQ wise a lot of the film grain is still present unlike the "Ultimate Hunter Edition" that followed where the characters look like wax figures due to the aggressive DNR. It's a noticeable upgrade from the DVD.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #1696
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

FYI for those that have a Fry's near them. Both Blade and Blade: Trinity came out this week and are $7.99 and come with $5 of Movie Cash to see The Dark Knight Rises. So if you're planning on seeing the TDKR anyway (which who in their right mind wouldn't be?) your net cost for each BD is a scant $2.99. Not going to see many deals better than that.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #1697
dr_teng

Alien Anthology down to $28.96

Beats the previous low of $29.99 by a buck!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #1698
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

So cheap.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #1699
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
FYI for those that have a Fry's near them. Both Blade and Blade: Trinity came out this week and are $7.99 and come with $5 of Movie Cash to see The Dark Knight Rises. So if you're planning on seeing the TDKR anyway (which who in their right mind wouldn't be?) your net cost for each BD is a scant $2.99. Not going to see many deals better than that.
How did I miss this???
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #1700
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
How did I miss this???
not sure. I picked up both even though I'm not really a fan of Trinity. Just to good of a deal to pass up. Oh and I got the last copy of Blade in the entire store. Talk about lucky.