Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 02-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hot Toys Batman TDK DX OIL PROBLEM

I've been reading some old posts in the INTERNET describing the oil issue with the Batman DX released in 2009.
I was wondering if the ones being sold on e-bay now are still having the same problem?
The latest batches shouldn't they be cleared of this defect? Also, is it true that the DC Direct version with the grey chest is indeed less accurate to the Asian versions?
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I'll tell you that the DC Direct version (though likely far cheaper) is inferior to the Asian models.

Unless you want TDK Batman specifically I might wait until TDKR as there is inevitably going to be a Batman figure. The costume has only had very minor revisions since TDK.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I'll tell you that the DC Direct version (though likely far cheaper) is inferior to the Asian models.

Unless you want TDK Batman specifically I might wait until TDKR as there is inevitably going to be a Batman figure. The costume has only had very minor revisions since TDK.
Thank you very much for the Update, Matches Malone, so far if i am not mistaken Hot Toys has only confirmed a Bane Figure, moreover, TDKR Batman seems to be identical to TDK Batman version.

To tell you the truth i just scored the DX Batman from the Asian market sand i asked the Seller, who was very friendly and forthcoming to take a pic from the sealed Batman. I wait for the parcel to arrive. I wasn't aware of the Oil issue and the frequency of this problem at the DX bunch. Anyway, the seller told me this particular figure was coming from the second bunch which was supposed to be trouble free.

Also, i was reading at forums that if the belt wasn't totally wrapped around with plastic then the abs would be fine. I don't know if all these speculation are substantial or not but judging from the pic i think there isn't a problem.

I was wondering how come the DX Batman are so expensive nowadays contrary to the Iron man or Indina jones figures? They are all date a 2009 release
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	batman dx 1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	70055  
Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I think I got mine later in the game, no issues so far.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post

I was wondering how come the DX Batman are so expensive nowadays contrary to the Iron man or Indina jones figures? They are all date a 2009 release
This was just the second DX release.

And The Indy DX was released in 2011, not 2009 and isn't that popular.

I passed on This figure, just did not appeal to me. There will DEFINITELY be a BAtman figure for TDKR, at least 1, and most likely a DX as well
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

i want to get this fig cos it has some good accesrories
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Lionore

Probably you are right joy_division, a new Batman will be released, but the question is how much better and more movie accurate can the New Batman be than this one?
i mean the DX, provided of course that the pictures i've seen are telling the truth, seems to be so amazing, matching perfection! Of course I'll wait until i see him up close and corroborate this.

If the new Batman is identical adding only a couple of new accessories, i don't see a reason to buy him, i guess this goes for the rest of the fans who have already purchased him.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
Probably you are right joy_division, a new Batman will be released, but the question is how much better and more movie accurate can the New Batman be than this one?
i mean the DX, provided of course that the pictures i've seen are telling the truth, seems to be so amazing, matching perfection! Of course I'll wait until i see him up close and corroborate this.

If the new Batman is identical adding only a couple of new accessories, i don't see a reason to buy him, i guess this goes for the rest of the fans who have already purchased him.
well, filmwise, I would think that the new suit would be an improvement on the last one, and hopefully it will include the Bale portrait that was in the exclusive Bruce Wayne/Batman suit - I always thought that that portrait was like a test subject

If you take the Iron Man figures, and the Jokers too, they have only improved with each release, so I beleve this will be the case with Bats too
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
Vracula
Jedi Order

U can almost guarantee the new tdkr figs will be better than the old versions.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #10
Lionore

From what i've been reading it's a general consensus that the DX TDK Batman is probably the best of Hot Toys product, i wish the next model be up to par.
But if the suit is exactly the same to the previous, as the pictures from the movie so far indicate, then i don't see why people would opt for this version.