Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #31
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Jaw dropping sculpt and paint, and I'm not even a fan of Hawkeye.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #32
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I love the sculpt, especially the pose. I just wish the face was a little closer to Cap and Thors.
Same here, I prefer a comic face over a realistic face. I really like all the extra details.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #33
grphyx1
Kingpin

Wow this looks amazing. always loved the old Hawkeye costume but i love how they altered the color. it works.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:10 PM   #34
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by keewan View Post
Same here, I prefer a comic face over a realistic face. I really like all the extra details.
Don't get me wrong, I'll still get him. His pose and costume detail alone are enough to override a dimple in his chin.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #35
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Another amazing piece from XM. Congrats to Hawkeye fans!

I do think his face makes him look older. Not off by any means, it's very realistic. But it does make him look older than Cap and Thor.

Last edited by Demona; 07-17-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Autocorrect is wiitarded
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #36
actionjackson83
Midnighter

What if they made a swap out comic book head for hawkeye and also made a realistic head swap for cap *Mind blown*
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #37
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Man it's hot today, but not as hot as this Hawkeye! I've gotta say that I've recently been keeping up with XM, and I'm totally blown away by this statue of Hawkeye. I can't stop looking at it. I keep coming back to these pics, and he's not even shown casting back his bow and arrow yet. Imagine how he's gonna look once he's shown holding that.

Sideshow's Hawkeye doesn't even hold a candle to this one. Sorry SS fanboys, but it's true. Look at the side by side pics from earlier. Look at both cowls and masks. XM's makes it look like Hawkeye actually fabricated his own suit and cowl out of real leather and other materials. Sideshow's mask on theirs is warped for one thing, and it looks like a cheap Wal-Mart mask for Mardi Gras.

Everyone talks about how Sideshow brings realism to the table and that people love and buy Sideshow's stuff for their own realistic takes, but XM's Hawkeye looks as if he's jumped right out of a realistic, modern day comic or even a movie. It literally makes Sideshow's look like a 1/4 scale Bowen. I'm super serial. Knowing what you see now and knowing what you're gonna get when he's released is the best part about all of this. Everyone knows how XM's Captain America came out in relation to it's prototype. Just imagine this one. I'll gladly pay U.S. $650 for something as awesome as this with switch out bows and arrows as opposed to Sideshow's version of Hawkeye or a $650 Apocalypse with a chainsaw, flaws, bad paint apps, you name it.

If XM keeps making statues that look like this with QC like their own Captain America and customer service like the Sideshow of old, then the Sideshow of today is gonna be in deep ----. I'll gladly and proudly give XM Studios my hard earned money for stuff like this instead of taking a gamble on Sideshow releases, miserable quality assurance, and the head games they like to play toward their customers.

Competition for Sideshow like this is what I've been waiting, clamoring, and hoping for. I'm sick to death of having to look up Sideshow whenever I'm interested in a 1/4 Marvel statue. I hope XM gets themselves a DC license too. Even Sideshow themselves, all their departments, the SS Kool-Aid drinking mods, and all their fanboys over on the Freaks board have got to give credit where credit is due. Awesome job, XM Studios. Please keep up the great work, communication, and customer service.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #38
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post

You don't find it odd that Cap, Thor, Widow and even Hulk all have a comic look with sharp features, and they put a realistic chin and face on Hawkeye?
They actual revised the long hair head sculpt of Black Widow to make her look more realistic, the short hair head sculpt will keep the comic look.. Also it's hard to say if Thor will look comic book like or realistic as we haven't seen a finished prototype yet.

Also we've yet to see all the switch out's, XM might give you guys a 2nd head sculpt that is more comic looking.. For me I'll be showing him with the more realistic look, it's perfect IMO.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #39
CallMeTheDoctor
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Every one keeps talking about this updated revised widow sculpt and I'm here still trying to even find the website....

I'm kidding...I know where the website is.

But not the updated sculpt..seriously.
CallMeTheDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #40
built2shred
Phoenix

All they have shown us is the rendering so far... Hopefully will see the painted version soon

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote